Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kids Vs. Zombies Christmas Day

I am in major Slow Moooooooooooooooooooooooootion!
 
Today, I would say was pretty successful!  I'm too tired to download and edit pictures, so this will be a quick update. (OK I had to add a few.)
 
 
I was tired before I even got started last night.  I decided to take a nap and get 2 hours or so of sleep and then get up and play Santa.  I intended to sleep until 1:30 but when Greg came to bed at midnight I couldn't go back to sleep.  I got up and got to work.
 
The house looked great except for a few dishes I didn't get to.
 

 
 
As I was going up the stairs at 4:59:55 to go to bed, Ashley's alarm went off at 5:00 AM. I barely reached the top of the stairs and she said, "Mommy?" The first one was up.  She woke up Mason and I saw no point in going to sleep right then.  They were excited opening their stockings and were so loud they woke up Aussie, who told them not to wake him up.
 
They woke Greg up at 7:30.
 
Everything seemed to be wonderful.  Everyone loved their gifts.  We had several WOW moments that I may go into later.
 
I went to sleep for 2 hours and then we went out to lunch.
 
Chinese of course!
 
I knew that I wouldn't hear it, but I was so hoping to hear some Chinese people singing Deck the Halls.  I always giggle at the part in A Christmas Story when this happens...
 
Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!
 
Anyway, my fortune cookie had the funniest fortune in it for me today.  And it was even more meaningful later on in the day.  I had bought most of the toys at a super sale and got several things for  $1-$5.  So the kids had A LOT to open today then I got this fortune:
 
It is quality rather than quantity that matters.
Do a good job tomorrow.
 
OH OK...I'll do better tomorrow! HA!
 
After lunch  we went to see Greg's great uncle Woody, who lives nearby in an assisted living home. He seems to have gone downhill a lot since the last time we saw him, but I think he was genuinely happy to see people.
 
 
We came back home and started getting out and playing with many of the items I got from that sale. MANY of them don't work or are missing pieces.  We haven't gone through everything yet so I hope no more is in bad shape.  It is such a bummer. However, the kids got a lot of other great things that do work and they are happy with what they got.
 
I started a birthday cake for Jesus this morning and finished it up this evening.  After I carefully spelled out Happy Birthday Jesus on the cake the kids decorated it.
 
 No writing can be seen. (Oh well!)
 
We sang, or rather, I sang to Jesus and then we ate some cake. Oh yummy! Half of it had a raspberry center.  I knew the kids wouldn't like that so I left one half with just vanilla icing.

 
Now I sit here mesmorized, half awake half asleep.  I know I do not do well going to bed early early, so I am waiting for a decent hour to go to bed.  That hour I have decided is 10PM. Just one more hour to go.
 
 
I hope to update more tomorrow.
 
Good night and Merry Christmas!

 

No comments: