Friday, February 01, 2013

It's a Snow Day!

Seriously I have no business blogging right now.  I am SO BUSY!  It's a really good busy though! I'm the photographer for the play Ashley is in.  The show is amazing and I'll have to explain it later because I am in the throws of editing, editing and even more editing!
 
But I wanted to stop just for a minute and blog about this morning.
 
I suppose I should start with last night and the fact for 2 nights in a row I stayed up until 5:30AM. (One due to tornadoes and the other due to editing pictures)
I was downright TIRED!
 
Anyway, last night it started to snow- REALLY BIG beautiful flakes! The ground was covered with snow within minutes. Usually, I LOVE my kids to go to tutorial. It means I get a little break without kids for a few hours. But being so very tired I wished for a snow day.
 
I REALLY wished for a snow day.  I got online and signed up for texts for school closings.  Our tutorial follows a  certain county, so if the county closes their schools then we do too.  I got a confirmation email that said I successfully signed up.  But I continued to look online for school closings which there were none at 1:30AM.  I was quite surprised because in Tennessee they close at the threat of a single snowflake.  Here we actually had snow on the ground and NOTHING was being reported!  So I actually watched the news.  I mean HEY I'm desperate!  I want to sleep in!  The news reported that the snow would not stick so there would be no school closings.  I was bummed.
 
I woke up to this:
 

A little frustrated that I didn't get a text saying our county had closed, I got everyone up and ready for school.  Either my alarm didn't come on or it did come on and I turned it off, either way I woke up having to leave in 15 minutes.  No time to check emails, Facebook, websites, TV or anything else.  We were rushing to get our stuff together and out the door.  I didn't receive a text so I assumed we still had school.

I was getting more aggravated by the minute.  My car doors were frozen shut.  We were able to get the driver door open.  So the kids climbed on my seat with their wet feet to get into the car.  The windshield wipers were frozen and wouldn't work. Last Friday they delayed school for 2 hours because of just a threat of snow and all it did was rain.  So for them not to close today just got on my nerves.

On our way to school we pass an elementary school.  I looked over and there was not a car in sight.  So I thought I would pull over and look up on my phone school closings.  We didn't get very far when I found out school was actually closed today.

But WHY didn't I get the text?  I got a confirmation email!  Upon investigation I found out the reason I didn't get the text.  !Ay Caramba! I put Greg's cell number when I signed up.  DUH!  It would help if I put MY phone number! Geeeeee!  Anyway, Greg got the text and assumed I forwarded it to him to let him know we would be at home.  It is corrected!  I went and changed the number, so hopefully next time I'll know before I even roll out of bed!

Ashley and Mason played out in the icy snow.  They attempted to jump on the trampoline.
 
 
They bundled up:
 
 
But didn't stay out there too long!  It was COLD!
 
 
I didn't go back to bed, but I did have time to edit more pictures and relax at home a bit.
 
They had another performance tonight and just when I thought I had all the pictures I needed, I got some super awesome shots tonight!  So I'll be up super late again tonight.  But I just might be done this time!
 

No comments: