Friday, August 07, 2009

Locks of Love

I am so very proud of my 7 year old daughter! Today she donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love.





AND... she got a little pink strip put into her hair. It will wash out after 4 shampoos.



She LOVES it! I think she is so cute too! The timing was perfect! We have been talking about this for a long time. And typically she is terrible with change! I remember when I got my haircut short, for MONTHS she would cry at bed time and say I want my old Mommy back. So I wasn't sure how she was going to do with this. She waivered back and forth saying, "I'm not sure if I'm ready." But yesterday, her friend Abby asked her to spend the night tonight. Abby has a cute short haircut, much like what Ashley got. And Ashley said, I want to surprise Abby and get my haircut before I see her tomorrow night. So you bet, I made it happen today. She's got the support of her friend and that makes all the difference. Oh and she is such a diva at the beauty salon. She loves it! And everybody was doting over her.
Tomorrow, I get my hair cut. I'm excited! I haven't had my hair cut since September. Greg is a little freaked out! He said if I would allow my daughter to get a pink strip in HER hair, what will I allow them to do with mine. And since he won't read this before I go...I let you in on the secret.
I'm going darker. About 2 shades darker. I've never really been a brunette. I'm so excited! We talked about a very "light"-that is not the right word..."mellow" is not quite right either but a very mellow redish highlight. But I think I will pass on that. I'm not sure how I'm getting it cut. I'm torn. I like the fact that I can put my hair in a ponytail, but I also really like a haircut much like Ashley's. Wish me luck!

No comments: