--------------
OK let's start with the downstairs.
The hall closet: This was so over stuffed with stuff that the door couldn't even close.---
The Laundry area:One door was already broken off, so I removed the other door so that I could move the dryer over and put a laundry basket there. There were clothes hanging (probably for years). And stuff piled high on the dryer.
-----
The Living Room:
This room was used as my scrapbook/ sewing/craft room. I think you can probably imagine what it looked like. See that yellow chest it was FILLED with scrapbook stuff. I didn't have any idea Steena would go into it. But check out these drawers
: (imagine every drawer in the house being organized!)----
The cleaning supplies are all in one place now.----
The School room: 

----
The Kitchen:
My pots and pans were overflowing.
These 2 drawers were junk drawers.

-----
The Family Room:
(AKA- The toy room)
The adult videos are alphabetized behind the kid videos.-----
Now onto the upstairs:
Ashley's Room- Steena added a bookshelf. 
---
The boys' room:
They also got a small bookshelf (not shown).---
Our bedroom:
Our bathroom:
This was the dumping ground for everything!-----
And (drum roll please) the office/scrapbook room:

Everything has a place! Every eyelet, every paper clip, every marker, pen, crayon, paper, tool, you name it, it has a place.
To let you know just how detailed she was. My buttons are color coordinated (well I started that) but she put them in a place where the light shines on them so I know exactly what color I am picking up. YES! She is THAT detailed.



Not only did Steena organize the entire house, but she trained us in how to keep things up. She implemented a marble system for the kids.
Each kid decorated their jar. (Don't worry their name is on the top) They don't get a marble EVERY time they clean, but they do get a few marbles every day. If they clean with happy faces and energy then they can get a marble. If they clean with grumpy attitudes they don't get a marble (even if they clean). If they don't clean/ or don't obey they have to bring me a marble. When the marbles reach the top then they get a prize (which I haven't decided on yet.)
Each kid decorated their jar. (Don't worry their name is on the top) They don't get a marble EVERY time they clean, but they do get a few marbles every day. If they clean with happy faces and energy then they can get a marble. If they clean with grumpy attitudes they don't get a marble (even if they clean). If they don't clean/ or don't obey they have to bring me a marble. When the marbles reach the top then they get a prize (which I haven't decided on yet.)Their attitudes have already started changing for the better!
----
Now onto the contest:
I'll let you know how many tomorrow evening probably around the same time (10PM-11PM). So let the guessing re-begin!



7 comments:
WOW! Cudos to Steena. What a woman!
Your life should become exceedingly more pleasant now. An organized mind is a productive mind. I'm thrilled for you. Just remember, it is much easier to keep things clean than to get it back, even if it has just gone undone a few days.
It is wonderful to see the kids find joy in this. It will be a blessing for their entire lives.
Steena is fantastic.
And so are you. Love you, Mom
Holy Moly..Chelle!
How long did it take her to do this? Amazing!
She needs to teach a class or something..I know I could use it!
Ok..so Renee guessed 35..
Let's go with 80?
P.S.
I love the marble idea!
NOT FAIR! CLOSEST wins you said. (do I sound like a 5 year old?)
I'll guess 53, but you can just tell everyone that you had to reconsider and give me my prize since I WON the first contest!
Wow. Good for you. How awesome to have a friend do that for you. Is she on loan? :)
I will guess 59. :)
OMGosh will your friend come to MN?? :)
Looks FABULOUS!!! It must bring you so much serenity to have it all so well organized! I need some of that, lol.
WOW! it looks fantastic!!
We should all get together and pay her to teach a seminar...she is really good!
OK, I have to get in on the action and say 64...
Post a Comment