Last Wednesday we went to Amish Country as a field trip. It really is a beautiful place. The Amish believe that if a picture is taken of them that we are taking their souls away. I asked one of the Amish ladies if I could take a picture of her pumpkins. I said, I want to be respectful and I know that we should not take pictures of any people, but I wondered if we could take pictures of the land and stuff. She very politely said no and thanked me for asking.
However, I did get a few pictures from far away of some of the beautiful scenery and blew them up to show here.I'm actually struggling right now in posting these. I myself do not believe it is wrong to take pictures, but am I doing something sinful by knowingly taking pictures of people and their property that have requested not to be photographed for religious purposes?
I find the pictures beautiful and peaceful, why not share what God has created? I will share the pictures, but I hope I am not sinning by doing so.
We took two horse and carriages around 10 miles of the Amish country. This was the group behind us (allowed to take this shot.)
We passed by an Amish school house. The kids were running around playing outside. I think they only go to school until they are 14 and then the boys work outside in the fields and the girls tend to all the duties at home.
This little girl was on the porch while her Mom hung out the clothes to dry.
Back at the place that offered the wagon rides, I took this picture of the boys on the swing.
As I was taking their picture I saw a horse and buggy coming down the street. I put the camera down by my side and took a picture upside down, but I got it.
So where is Ashley? Today she called it Emily day. She clung to Emily everywhere she went. Emily came home with us and went to church with us in the evening. She was helping us choreograph a little ballet for a going away party Sunday. Ashley couldn't have been more happy. I was a little worried Emily would not like her hanging on her all day, but I asked her several times and she said she was fine with it.
After the wagon ride we went to a very tiny park nearby to have a picnic lunch. This shooting range was set up. I thought it was a neat place to get some pictures.My little Aussie who only smiled because Miss Emily was making faces at him behind me.





No comments:
Post a Comment