Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ashley my little designer

Ashley is in an upcoming play called Evertime. She is really good at staying in character. Anyway, when it was time to bring in possible costume clothing I quickly picked some things out. Her character is supposed to be in business attire black, grays or whites. They made it sound like they should kind of look like men in business attire. I picked out a solid white dress, one of the boy's suit jacket and tie. The director and costumer was pleased with how it looked, but Ashley was very uncomfortable. So they told me this and said, they really wanted her to be comfortable. So I asked Ashley what she wanted. She designed this outfit:
So being the best Mom that I could be I made it happen (overnight by the way). I made the jacket and bought the skirt and white shirt at a thrift store.
Ashley is thrilled!
She is so proud that she designed an outfit and is actually getting to wear it.
She said it didn't even look like a costume and she would like to wear it outside of the play someday.
The director and costumer think it is adorable.
I'm one proud Mama!
We had to leave the costume at the play, so I will not be able to get a picture of her in it until the first day of the play.

No comments: