Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthday Cooking Day

Last Thursday, the kids had another cooking class. I would like to say it went well, but the boys were really acting up. It was a difficult menu and we (Ms. Helen and I) knew it would be time intensive. We had planned to have Steena come one time. She is a special friend to both of us and we thought it would be nice to invite her. So we thought of things that she might like. So Helen picked the menu. We made a cheese souffle. I have to say it was FABULOUS! Even though the kids didn't like it at all. We also had a fruit basket. Ms. Helen already carved out the watermelon and the kids cut up the fruit.
The hardest part was the cake that Ashley picked. She liked the way it looked, but I'm pretty sure she didn't know what it had in it or she wouldn't have picked it. It was a difficult cake to make. It had a peach filling, a marzipan layer, and fondant. We started the cake the week before and when we got there this week Helen already did all the layers and all we had to do was decorate it. Unfortunately, we didn't like the taste of it.


And since it was so close to the kids birthday Helen put in candles and we sang Happy Birthday to the kids. I just love those long candles!

The kids were really hungry after this cooking day. I don't think they liked anything. Mason and Ashley liked some of the fruit, especially the watermelon. But after how they acted, I decided we are only going to do this once a month, instead of weekly. The boys were just too antsy.

No comments: