Friday, November 02, 2012

Misc. from last weekend

Do you think it is about time for me to blog?
 
One of my friends just adopted a baby girl.  The Dad is a BIG BIG motorcycle person, like he has been featured in some magazines.  Anyway, when I saw this idea I knew I had to make it for them.
 

The wheels are made of diapers, the bumpers are bibs, the headlight is a bottle, the handles is made of a receiving blanket and baby socks.
 I missed their baby shower so I left it at the desk at church.  I wish I could have seen their face when they saw it.
 Last Sunday night was trunk or treat at our church.  I'm very proud to say I spent $0 on Halloween this year.  Ashley is princess Zelda from the Legend of Zelda video game.  I had made her dress for her 6th birthday.  So you can imagine it needed to be adjusted for a 10 year old.  I think I added about 6 inches to the back.  It wasn't very long but she just added leggings.

Mason and Aussie were characters from Minecraft- another video building game.  Their costumes were quite easy to make from boxes.

And the little indian is their friend Edie who apparently thought she was family when I said I wanted a family shot.  That's fine, she's funny.

Mason as an Enderman from Minecraft.
 Aussie is a ghast from Minecraft.


 Also over last weekend we went to Germantown.  Another theater company put on Greg and Wes's original play, Twilight of the gods.  They had a talk back with the authors and it went really well. The play was well received!  They did pay for a hotel room for us and of course that was the highlight for the kids.






Have a great weekend!

No comments: