I had anticipated this day for a week. I plotted and planned. I didn't know how in the world I was going to pull it off. I wanted to smash a pie in the faces of my kids for pi day, without them first knowing about it.
I was really lucky that the kids wanted to do their school work upstairs. That gave me the chance to make the Cool Whip pies and put them in the car without them knowing. After they were done with their school work I said, "Come on let's get in the car and go to the park." ALL of them were angry. They didn't want to go to the park at that particular time. They thought I was making them get out to exercise. All of them grumbled as we drove away. I knew I couldn't do it at home because if I had they would run in the house and not come back out. I knew they had no where to go if we were at a park.
I also knew Aussie would be the hardest to get so he had to be the first one.
BA-BAM!
And Ashley had to be second.
And the war began:
I was super surprised, Mason was the hardest to get!
I had to make a deal with him. He could get me if he let me get him.
Ha! Yay! What fun! Then it was my turn:
And he got me good!
We finished the day by eating pizza. As we sat in the restaurant I taught them what pi actually meant. The older couple sitting close to us said, "you must be a teacher." I told them I homeschooled and they told me to keep up the good work.



















1 comment:
how funny! i must do this next year!
Post a Comment