6 years ago- My babies were born. Ashley first at 10:34AM, then Mason at 10:35AM and then Aussie at 10:38AM . Greg showed the kids these 2 pictures. One about 5 minutes after they were born and then one took a week ago.
Aussie got the train cars he really wanted.
I wanted Shaina to see our church library, because it is so nice. But the kids were so hyper. They were climbing and throwing big bean bags at each other. I finally had to yell at them to get them out of there.
Then we quickly came home to make lunch for everyone before the birthday party.
We let the kids open their big present. Shaina got upset and ran upstairs and slammed the door b/c Greg said she couldn't open the present. (I think it was a misunderstanding- b/c of something she said later, I got the idea she thought Greg threw away her present to give to the kids.) But she would NOT come down so we went ahead and let them open it, which is a game cube that we got off of Ebay.
While they played, I made all the kids their sandwiches and then I said to everyone else- here's the stuff make your own. I'm some hostess huh? I even sat there eating my sandwich finding it humorous that I wasn't up and waiting on anyone. (Well that attitude bit me in the butt!)
I finished my sandwich went to Wal Mart to pick up the cake and it was the WRONG one! (So if I waited on everyone this wouldn't have happened right?)
Anyway, it was a little after 1:00, the party was at 2:00 across town and she quickly made us another one. I just realized when I loaded the pictures that she put the names in the wrong order. She said them out loud the right way. OH well- It tasted great! Can you tell it is made entirely out of cupcakes? 1/2 were vanilla and 1/2 were chocolate. I tell you what- this is the way to go!
So we made it to the party 5-7 minutes late, but that was OK no one else was there yet.
We decided to have the cake first because it was so hot we were afraid the icing would melt. We found a secluded, shaded picnic area at the YMCA and had our party there. It was very sandy and all the kids got their hands dirty before we started the party. I had to get on to Aussie several times for throwing sand. We had to wash them up before we could get started. (It seemed like one thing after another.)
We finally had the cupcakes and
then we all went swimming. I didn't take many pictures. I was too busy cleaning up, watching the kids, etc. But I know my friend Doris got at least one FABULOUS picture. Go to her blog and you can see it.
They didn't swim long, the pool was SO busy. There were people everywhere and I was getting frustrated trying to keep up with just my 3.
Then Aussie got in trouble for hitting and it went downhill from there. He said it was the worst birthday ever! I was so emotional- just trying to get everything together, and little things happening left and right, I just broke down and cried. Thank goodness Dana was there to comfort me.
Ashley and Mason were trying to comfort me too. Austin was really asking a lot of questions like Why didn't I get many toys? Why did we have to sit at that picnic table? Why didn't we play any games? etc. etc. etc. He got a stern talking to by Greg and he fell asleep in the car. He still was a little grumpy when he woke up from his nap, but he came around and told me he was sorry on his own.
SO, since I got a heartfelt apology I decided to give the kids the rest of their little presents before bed. And that seemed to make everyone happy. Anyway- I'm terribly exhausted. All the kids except Aussie are in bed asleep. Aussie had a long nap. So he is beside me asking me lots of questions. (update...he is now asleep on the floor next to me.)
I'm going to bed! Wish/Pray for me to have a better relaxing day tomorrow.


6 comments:
Chelle
Don't feel bad about your children's behavior, birthdays are highly emotional times for children and they have not yet learned how to deal with all the excitement.
Happy birthday to everyone
you know, my family thinks I am crazy to do a birthday party every single year for my kids. I think they may be right, we are going to downsize next year.
I'm sure when they look back at the wonderful LO that you'll do documenting the HAPPINESS of the day that they will totally agree with you!
Shez is right- as usual :-) Birthdays are emotionally charged, and I think for us moms of multiples even more so when we think about all what we did to get those precious little ones here on this Earth.
Happy birthday to the crew! I can't wait to see the layouts you make of their special day.
Kids are kids. . . and. . . unpredictable! And like the others already stated, it's a long and emotionally draining day for them too, especially with all the exciement you'd had with the previous couple of days. You're such an awesome Mom Chelle and those little beauties are the wonderful people they are because of all the effort you and Greg put forth. Happy Birthday Sweetie Pies! Love, the Munk's
Happy B-Day to the kids! I actually had Ashley on my mind yesterday when I saw the Family Circus cartoon (I'll have to find it online to share with you in case you don't know the one I'm talking about). Anyway, it was a hectic busy day for everyone so don't stress about it. Hope you've recovered by now! And that picture Doris took IS amazing!
Chelle- Happy Belated Birthday! Your kids sure have grown since that very first picture you have of them. You are an amazing Mom. I so enjoy your blog I visit it often but while in CT I didn't have my links or much time for internet so this is a huge treat to sit here and see what you all have been up to.
fwiw on my kids birthday I kept thinking to myself, you can't spank them, it's their birthday after all. They were some disappointments on their day and boy were they vocal about it. But I think you hit the nail on the head. It's an emotional day for us Mommies.
Post a Comment