Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It was a long drive

We are here in Ohio! ( Long long 12 hour drive) We had numerous times we were asked when we we get there. My response: 3 more movies, etc.

Yesterday was an insane day!

We went to Target to get some last minute things and ate popcorn there. While we were eating, Mason's 2nd tooth fell out. And I mean literally just fell out in his hand. We were all excited for him. It's really cute to see the other kids get excited for him too.

So anyway, on top of frantically trying to get packed and ready to get up early and leave for vacation, I had to play tooth fairy again. I got the same picture off the internet and wrote another note. When he woke up he was so excited and announced the SAME tooth fairy came again. I don't know where they got the idea that there are several different tooth fairies, but I think it's sweet.

I was able to fix Ashley's dress so she can walk in it. She was being very stubborn in trying on the clothes for me, so I'm guessing (with a more educated guess) that it will fit the time. I also made her a purse to go with it. She loves the purse and wore it to Target. She wanted to buy a wallet for it.

I cleaned and I cleaned. And I put mounds of clean clothes away, packed for 4 people, fed them dinner, put them to bed (really late), stopped the mail, etc. etc! And I went to bed around 1:30. Then I actually got out of bed at 6:00 this morning.

The kids were SO excited about traveling today that they got up and got dressed on their own and was ready to go before Greg and I were. We actually left the house a few minutes before 8:00- That's pretty amazing!

So here are a few Aussie stories from today:

We just drove over the border and Aussie is looking out the window at the trees and he says, "It sure is beautiful in Kentucky."

--------------------
Aussie was talking about how some people drive other people crazy.
Aussie: Dad, does anyone drive you crazy?
Greg answers then asks him if anyone drives him crazy.
Aussie: Well, Mom does
Greg: Well give me an example of how Mom drives you crazy
Aussie: Well she messed up our room
Me: (Laughing and knowing what he was talking about) But I cleaned it up and your WHOLE room without any help.
Aussie: But you messed up our room. You should have asked us for permission.
Me: Well I kind of did. I just took off everything you had on the table so we could give it to that family who needed it. And I DID clean it up.
Aussie still going on and on about how I messed up his already messy room.
Greg: So does anyone else drive you crazy?
Aussie: (thinks more than a second) No- Just Mom!
___________________________

We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. As we were walking into the restaurant Aussie says, "What do they speak in Kentucky?"
Me: Ummm...English

I told the server what he had said and he got a kick out of it. He said he was going to tell his wife that tonight. Then he asked where we from and I said Tennessee and he said he was from there too. So I told him that I would have to go back to the table and tell Aussie that he was from TN too and that's why he could understand me.

OK it's been a long day on little sleep so I'm going to bed! Goodnight catch you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think KY is pretty beautiful too(it's where I'm from and still live). Glad Aussie didn't need a Kentucky to English dictionary! LOL

Shez said...

Chelle, Aussie is a scream. Just loved the language comment. When I moved to Norfolk from South Africa I really struggled with the local accent. Mid Atlantic American is easy to understand, the tidewater, southern drawl was like a foreign language to me. I sometimes am not able to understand people when they talk to me.