Thursday, October 08, 2009

Camping

My sweet boys went on their first camping trip last weekend.












Greg was quite nervous not having camped before, but he thought it was something a Dad should do with his sons.
*
*
I actually wanted to go. It was a family thing, but the boys requested it just be them and Dad.
*
*
We changed to a different boy scout group and we like it much better! They are much more organized. The other group didn't have many volunteers, so it was required that the parents do much of the planning and organizing and teaching. They were really pushing me to go get training to be a den leader. Not fun pushing either, more like expected pushing. I am much too busy for that and I was getting really stressed!
*
*



So Saturday morning I took Mason and Ashley out to the campsite. I set up their tent and beds and got everything in order.






I took Ashley and Mason around to a few activities until Aussie could show up.



I love my Mom! Isn't that the sweetest thing?


Aussie had Chinese class in the morning. He loves it and he is doing so well! He is getting 100's on all of his work. He really strives to be the best!






When Daddy showed up with Aussie, it was time for Ashley and me to leave. I handed Dad the camera. I was so sad to miss out on this first time experience.
They got to do archery.



And they got to shoot BB guns (and Greg didn't get any pictures of that- phooey)!






Greg said the cooking was a bit tricky. The boys ate hot dogs for dinner and he ate a cheeseburger.






I bought a blow up mattress for Greg. It was actually 2 twins that could be put together to make a king size bed or double stacked to make a more comfortable twin. I set it up as the "king size". However, Greg was in the middle of the boys. So he was wedged down in between the 2 mattresses.
The boys slept just fine. Greg said it was the longest night he has ever had. It was cold and he worried that the boys would freeze.






In the morning, I pre-measured all the stuff to make chocolate chip pancakes. I think they were a hit! A little Spanish speaking girl looked longingly at them. Greg asked her if she wanted one and her Mom was saying to leave them alone, don't eat their food. So she still just looked longingly. Greg asked again and she said, "si si".




OH yum chocolate chip pancakes and bacon.



Well both Greg and I were envious of the other's role. Greg having not camped before, probably would have rather stayed home with the whiny girl who didn't get to go camping. And I would have rather done all the fun activities and spent the night in the tent.
However, I would have not been as cool as Daddy picking up the walking stick.
*
*
I just found out tonight about another camping trip in December, but winter camping doesn't sound as fun to me. I think we will pass on that one!

No comments: