Last Thursday we had field day.
They started the day off with a mile run! Right off the bat, Aussie lost his shoe and Ashley fell and got a nasty scrape on her knee.
Aussie stayed behind to help her. And Mason said he would run the race for her.
And even though it was long and he was behind quite a bit, he finished the race. He got to get some lemonade and he gave it to Ashley. I am very proud of him!! Aussie was upset that he didn't get to race. He is SO competitive! They had quite a few races in which he did get to participate.
Aussie stayed behind to help her. And Mason said he would run the race for her.
And even though it was long and he was behind quite a bit, he finished the race. He got to get some lemonade and he gave it to Ashley. I am very proud of him!! Aussie was upset that he didn't get to race. He is SO competitive! They had quite a few races in which he did get to participate.They had a 50 yard dash.

A sack race

And a 3 legged race

None of which my kids came close to winning. I am very thankful for Abby who still had Ashley as her partner even though she was wounded.They had a few other contests too- Hula hooping, fisbee throwing and jump roping.
And last they had a water ballon toss (not in Davidson county-so perfectly fine to use water).
Aussie came home with 2 ribbons. He got 3rd place in jump roping (which not many people knew it was a contest). And he got 2nd place in the frisbee toss. I don't know which would have been worse, him not winning at all or coming home with those 2. He was so proud of himself and he would not shut up! He about drove me crazy. The other two tried so hard to not be jealous. They made it through the award ceremony and then for Ashley the tears came. I felt so bad for them. And Mason was just mad. I always hated these things in school and I hated to see my children go through that disappointment. I think they still had fun though.

And last they had a water ballon toss (not in Davidson county-so perfectly fine to use water).
Aussie came home with 2 ribbons. He got 3rd place in jump roping (which not many people knew it was a contest). And he got 2nd place in the frisbee toss. I don't know which would have been worse, him not winning at all or coming home with those 2. He was so proud of himself and he would not shut up! He about drove me crazy. The other two tried so hard to not be jealous. They made it through the award ceremony and then for Ashley the tears came. I felt so bad for them. And Mason was just mad. I always hated these things in school and I hated to see my children go through that disappointment. I think they still had fun though.
No comments:
Post a Comment