Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today my son was baptized!

This is a 2-parter.

Today has been a wonderful day!

My son Aussie decided to be baptized.

Last week he told me he was so afraid I wouldn't understand.

However, I knew this child was ready. He has been asking hard philosophical questions ever since he could speak. Many times I would have to refer to Greg to answer those questions. Of course that in of itself is not the reason I believed he was ready.

He truly has a heart for Jesus!

When Aussie asked to be baptized today, he did not know that his Dad had been baptized on Easter in 1983. And that made it even more special!

Greg had the honor of baptizing him today.
When they got in the baptistry, Greg prompted Aussie to tell the story that he told us when he told us he wanted to be baptized.

This story blew me away!!

Aussie took the microphone and told it to the congregation with such confidence and he was so clear. It was beautiful!





One night Aussie was praying and praying and praying to God. And he asked God, "Who am I and why am I here?" Several minutes later God answered him in a voice that was audible only to him. God said, "Aussie, I put you here to own an orphanage and to take care of children who don't have parents or homes."

Aussie was so afraid to tell us this because he thought we wouldn't believe him. He's been holding this secret for several months and I had no idea. I know many people who seek God and want to hear him, who never hear his voice. I have had the honor of hearing God talk to me. I don't think I've ever shared that with Aussie. So for me it was easy to believe him.

I believe him!

Greg believes him!

I have to admit though I was afraid for him to share that story. Not because I thought people wouldn't believe him. That thought didn't even cross my mind until I talked to Greg later on today. I was afraid that when he grew up, what IF he DIDN'T own an orphanage? I don't think people would hold it against him, but I was afraid that HE would hold it against himself after making that statement publicly. But Greg reassured me that he would not allow Aussie to hold it against himself.


That being said, I hope he does own an orphanage. What an amazing testimony that would be!


This picture of Greg hugging Aussie is priceless to me!

I absolutely love it!I am so proud of him!



Jesus died for everyone! Not just for Christians, but for all sinners, for the sick, the healthy, the rich, and the poor. He was the ultimate sacrifice. He died for OUR sins. And because of him our slate is wiped clean.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Sooo beautiful! I love the picture of Aussie and Greg but also of you and Aussie! What a special moment for all of you!