Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Just a little snow

My Mom always wants pictures and well I'm not very good at getting them to her, so thought I'd blog some pictures for her. Here in Tennessee we had an ice storm.  The whole state seemed to shut down. Schools and businesses were closed for over a week. From what I understand some schools are shortening their spring breaks because they were out too long.  I guess that is the good thing about homeschooling.  We had a few days off but we were still able to have school at home. We are actually supposed to have freezing rain again tomorrow. Yuck!!!

Anyway, we had a day where we got a couple inches of snow.  On that day, Ashley, Mason and I went outside and made snowmen.

 This one is my snowman.


 Naughty Mason!







 But of course Mason has to sing! He sings almost ALL THE TIME!



Poor Ashley's snowman fell.  So she helped decorate Mason's

 And here is a rare moment when all three kids in the same vicinity.  It's not uncommon though to see Mason and Aussie rolling all over each other.
In other news, my cat apparently opened up a Facebook account.  She is very punny!
 The next three pictures is of my amazing find!  I have wanted to get this retro diner for Ashley since before Thanksgiving. It is very hard to find!  Some people are selling this $110 toy for $200-$300 on Ebay. So Friday we were rushing through Target before school and I spotted it.  Ashley was with me. I wish it could have been a surprise but there was no way I was leaving it until I didn't have her with me.  I grabbed it.  The price under it said $64.99 which was actually for something else. So when I got to the register and it rung up for $110 I asked them to check the price.  They had to honor the $64.99 price!!! WooooooHoooo! I did a happy dance right there at the register! The clerk got tickled at me! So Ashley used some of her money and the rest will go towards her Easter present.  I let her have it early and viola here it is:


She is tickled about it!

1 comment:

cropalot said...

I appreciate the pictures. Sorry you didn't get more snow and less ice.

I especially like the first picture of Ashley. Very pretty.