Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Costumes! costumes and more costumes!

Yes I have been busy!

The kids school drama is coming up on Friday evening. And I have been very busy making costumes.

My boys are monkeys so I made hats and tails for them. There is also a little girl who is a monkey so I made her a hat and tail to match. I'll get pictures of them on Friday.

Then Ashley is a gazelle. Hello? Do you know how hard it is to come up with a gazelle costume? I did it and I'm quite proud of myself. And since it was tough coming up with a costume, I volunteered to make the other gazelle costume.

Then on Friday, some of the lions came with manes. Apparantly 4 of them are only supposed to be cubs with with no manes. One girl ended up giving her costume to another person, so I volunteered to make a hat and tail for her. Then it was suggested that they really wanted all of them to look alike. So guess what? I volunteered to make all of them. Here is a picture of Austin in one of the hats holding up a tail. I don't know why they decided to go with cream, but I stayed with what they wanted. Can you tell it is a little white lion? I always get so nervous that someone won't like what I make.


Then there was this little girl and I couldn't tell what she was, I had to ask. So I picked up some materials and thought I would try to make her a costume. I didn't tell her, because I wasn't sure if I could actually make it. Well today I tried it on her and she loves it. Can you tell what she is? A peacock.
I can't wait to get some good pictures of everybody on Friday.

2 comments:

cropalot said...

Guess who will be asked to make all the costumes next year?
By the way, who is making costumes for Greg's musical? LOL

Jill LaFaye said...

You amaze me!
You are just so talented:)
Great job on the costumes!