Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's a HOT day!

Wow! What a day! It is HOT!
Today started with me introducing a contest to the kids. I told them that they had to read 20 books this week. We would put a sticker on the chart after each book that was read. When everyone has read the 20 books we would have a party. And I said whoever reads all of them firsts gets to pick what kind of cake we have. I actually expected moans and groans about reading. But the one who usually groans the loudest, piddles and fiddles his thumbs the most is the one who was MOST determined to win. SO what I thought would take a week...Austin finished in 1 day!!! He was so excited he was bouncing off the walls!AND they were actually fighting over who would read next.
We went to the park today. This is one of their favorite things to play on. Aussie zipped across it quickly! Apparantly, he was timed last time he was there, so he was telling me he could get across in 9 seconds. He is so competitive and really needs affirmation.
Ashley sports her new "style". You know she used to be really good about picking out her clothes. She is VERY confident in what she puts together and she won't let anyone tell her differently!
They found a rock to climb on and called it castle rock.

Aussie liked the zip line!
On our way out a special guest showed up at the park (for a birthday party). So we were very excited to see Spiderman before we left.
After the park we went to a friend's graduation party. The kids just LOVE her! So Aussie drew a special picture and message for her.

It says, "Can you come to my birthday?" and then it is decorated with the flags he made up for each country in Catland, a world that he made up. But what everyone is impressed with, including myself, is that he writes in block letters.
So today he was impressing everyone with his letters, speaking Chinese, and his conversations he had with adults. (sometimes he is so grown up)
And after Aussie climbed up in the window the other two had to climb up there too. And of course what a perfect picture opportunity!
Now we are home with the air conditioner NOT working. I'm sweating! The guy will come and fix it on Monday. I'm not looking forward to the next 2 nights.
I've got to remember....I must I must re-charge the batteries in my camera. I better go do that now.



4 comments:

Renee said...

Great reading! Page read me 2 books last night, but it took her 15 minutes! I think she does it so she gets to stay awake longer! ha. I may have to steal that idea from you.

Ok, how do you get your kids to wear long pants in this heat? Page would rather not leave the house than go anywhere without a sundress and heels. Made me laugh about Ashley's wardrobe choices. Page tries to make her own wardrobe too-it's all good unless we have to leave the house and then we battle! Because not all pinks were created equally!

Renee said...

Great reading! Page read me 2 books last night, but it took her 15 minutes! I think she does it so she gets to stay awake longer! ha. I may have to steal that idea from you.

Ok, how do you get your kids to wear long pants in this heat? Page would rather not leave the house than go anywhere without a sundress and heels. Made me laugh about Ashley's wardrobe choices. Page tries to make her own wardrobe too-it's all good unless we have to leave the house and then we battle! Because not all pinks were created equally!

Blessed Mom said...

***virtual high five*** to your kids, great job on the reading chart tracking method.

Shez said...

Great idea for the reading. Last year, when B&S were the same age as your three, we incentivised by numbers of books read. It worked a treat. This year reading has gone into the general reward chart pool. They get a point for 30 min silent reading a day, 3 for an hour and 6 for 90 min. It's working a treat.

Shez over at Homeschooled Twins