Monday, May 19, 2008

Parents visited

My parents came to visit on Thursday night, Friday and Sunday morning. They came here for a
wedding on Sunday afternoon. So of course they came to see us. We went to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. I tell you I just LOVE this place! This time we took a walk around the grounds. It was such a beautiful day!!! And it is such a pretty place to walk.





We got to see a chinchilla. Did you know it has the softest fur than any animal in the world? It is SO soft. I just wanted to cuddle up with it.


Dad and I made this train in the construction area.


And then on Sunday, Ashley wore a dress that use to be mine. My Mom says she has pictures of me in this dress. I can't wait to see them and see how close we look. I'll post them here when I get them.

Saturday was a BIG day for me. I went to the curriculum fair. Today as I finished ordering all the different things I'll need for next year, I got a little nervous. Oh I sure hope I picked the right curriculum(s) for my kids. It is so nerve wracking and expensive.

I'm trying out some new things. For reading I got Rocket Phonics. It has a lot of games with it. For Math I'm staying with A Beka. For History and Geography I'm using Sonlight.

They will get Science and Gym in Co-op. Austin will continue to take Chinese. Mason will start Spanish. They all will have art. Ashley and Austin will continue taking Ballet/Modern dance. Mason and Aussie will contine to take Drama, but Ashley will be in Dasies.

All of this is exciting and scary at the same time! Please pray that they like school next year and that I do a good job teaching them.

6 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

My step-brother has a chinchilla..her name is Nancy:)

doris sander said...

i just love those striped shirts. and the chinchilla. :D

Blessed Mom said...

You are a great Mom and a teacher I am sure you picked just fine.

Brown English Muffin said...

you couldn't get them any cuter in those shirts!!!!

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Hey - I'm sure you did a SUPER job with the curriculum! And just gotta say, when I saw those shirts I started looking around for Blue (Clues)!!

Proud Parents of 4 said...

Love the pics - looks like a super fabulous place to visit, we may have to look it up on our next visit that way! And choosing curriculum is such a process AND there are so many incredible choices - I'm sure you'll all enjoy the choices you made, they sound like a good fit for your crew!