Saturday we went to a little birthday party for a girl name Maggie. Maggie's Dad played the major role in the play Wes and Greg put on. So they had a cast party at his house and that is where my kids met their kids. They are also homeschoolers.
So Maggie's party was set up like a little carnival. The kids got to throw a soft squishy ball at the teenager, and if they hit him he would fall back into the water. They had a big jumpy moon walk, which the kids always love.
The kids really liked going around to each game.
Ashley played each game LOTS and LOTS of times.
And while Ashley played---Daddy got to hold Hello Kitty.
Ashley and Aussie got their face painted. Mason never has liked getting his face painted. Ashley got a butterfly on her face.
And Aussie was a green cat. And he was very insistent that he was a BOY. Matter of fact at all the games he only picked up green colored prizes.
Here is Ashley playing the dolphin game. It was actually pretty hard b/c the dolphin kept falling over.
At each game they had prizes. Some of them were really cool- that I had to get one. At this one you could win a mini mini flashlight keyring.
They were each given bags to put their goodies in. Ashley like I said earlier played and played and played the games and filled up her bag. (which was fine- they had lots of prizes and they would rather have someone take them, than to be stuck with them.)So near the end of the party Ashley asked me to go around with her and play the games. So I said OK. And I would play and at each game I said, "Well I would really like to have this prize." And she said, "Oh DON'T worry MOM- I'll tell you later." or "You don't need to get that Mom- I think you know why- but I'll tell you later." So when we were in the car on the way home. Ashley announced that she won prizes for all of us and she handed them out. It was really cute.
I did feel bad though. We got her a littlest pet toy and a Hello Kitty stuffed toy and I feel like all the prizes we brought home probably cost more than the present we bought her. (maybe not but it felt like it.)
_____________
Yesterday- Greg told the kids that today was a holiday. Aussie got the BIGGEST grin on his face and said, "That means no school?" I said, "Well I was going to try to get away with it but I guess I can't now." And he said, "It's a holiday-and everyone is supposed to enjoy a holiday- so we shouldn't have school." Well who could argue with that? So we didn't have school today. And all they did was play and play and play.



4 comments:
How fun! It looks like everyone had a GREAT time!
what a cool party!
school on labor day? You're a monster! haha
Sooo cute Hun - looks like they had a super fabulous time. . . those big ol' smiles give it away! :-) Nothing better than watching the faces of your sweet little ones thoroughly enjoying themselves!
what a great idea for a party! looks like you guys had fun! :D
Post a Comment