I was having a little pain in my chest and a slight numbness down my left arm. I didn't want to over-react. It wasn't bad, but it worried me enough to call Dana and ask her what the symptoms of a heart attack was in women. I knew she would know or know exactly where to look to find out. After talking to her, I thought I better be safe than sorry and go get checked out. It's probably nothing, but the risks of it being something is too great.
So on our way back from the YMCA, I had Greg drop me off at the hospital. He took the kids to Dana's house and came back. Thank you, Thank you ,Thank you Dana for taking my kids! They were very fast at the hospital. I had never had that happen before! Just as I filled out the sign in card and sat down they called me back.
Everybody was so nice and helpful. And I didn't feel stupid for coming in over a little pain. They gave me an EKG. My heart was fine. Then they gave me an x-ray. The doctor told me it was pleurisy. I've had that before and it was severely painful in a different area, nothing like what I had tonight, but at least it made sense.
Anyway, they gave me a shot in the tush for the pain. I think the shot hurt worse than the pain itself and I don't think it has helped anyway.
So that's my exciting news. I'm fine and now I'm going to go to bed.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
4 comments:
And we didn't have a clue. Didn't want to worry us, I presume.
I was about your age when I also went to the hospital thinking I had better 'be safe than sorry'. Mine was just indigestion. They were very nice and made me feel like I had done the right thing.
You have had a lot of pleurisy. Wonder why you are so prone to getting it. Sorry, wish I could make you all well. Hope you can sleep now. Love you.
I hope you are feeling better soon!! I have had that only one time before, but it was NO fun at all! Hope to see you and your crew on Friday. Remember to bring books for the book exchange and it will be a pajama day for the students in our class!
Anna
Now I need to go look up what pleurisy is. Hope you're feeling better today & have a relaxing weekend ahead of you!
goodness! glad you're ok! hope you've recovered from the pleurisy and the scare!
Post a Comment