About 2 weeks ago, we went to the zoo. I used Steena as an excuse to actually see the animals. Usually the kids will go and all they want to do is play on the playground. And well...the playground is impressive, however I wanted to see the animals. So we picked up Steena and I wheeled her around. I got some good pictures of some of the animals.
I love these zebras. Steena told me something fascinating. Scientists have studied zebras to see if they could tell differences between colors and shapes. They did terrible at telling the difference between colors or shapes, BUT they did fabulous with telling the difference between giant sized barcodes. Pretty cool, huh?
The zoo workers brought out meat and placed it all around the caged area. When they let the wild dogs loose they went crazy. It was interesting seeing the dogs so active. They are very pretty.
The lemurs.

The beautiful and regal white tiger.
The relaxed tiger
The stork...it didn't even bother to ask if I wanted more children. Sheesh!

I think this is the first time I've seen a porcupine this close.
Here is Steena, the kids and Flat Stanley in front of the massive playground.
This is a guenon.
The meerkat- still a favorite amongst the kids.
Mason on the carousel.

The lynx
So guess what happened at the zoo? Flat Stanley got lost. But thankfully he was turned in at the front desk. There he was just waiting for us to return. He was a good sport. He didn't complain at all.
.
The zoo workers brought out meat and placed it all around the caged area. When they let the wild dogs loose they went crazy. It was interesting seeing the dogs so active. They are very pretty.
The lemurs.
The beautiful and regal white tiger.
The relaxed tiger
The stork...it didn't even bother to ask if I wanted more children. Sheesh!
I think this is the first time I've seen a porcupine this close.
Here is Steena, the kids and Flat Stanley in front of the massive playground.
This is a guenon.
The meerkat- still a favorite amongst the kids.
Mason on the carousel.
The lynx
So guess what happened at the zoo? Flat Stanley got lost. But thankfully he was turned in at the front desk. There he was just waiting for us to return. He was a good sport. He didn't complain at all.
.






















1 comment:
Hi Chelle! Great to see you last night! Would it be possible for you to post your microwave popcorn recipe you told us about here? I think I might be getting some measurments wrong in my head...thanks so much!
Post a Comment