Sunday, October 17, 2010

American Girl Doll

I'm really sleepy tonight, but I can't go to bed without sharing my exciting news.
Today, at church I was carrying Sarah (Ashley's doll). My friend Megan asked me if it was an American Girl doll. I told her it was a knock-off and that Ashley has started being conscience of that fact and really wanted a real one. What came out of her mouth next surprised me. She said, "I'm not going to have any girls and I have a Samantha doll and a bunch of her clothes just sitting in my garage and you can have it." I asked her how much she wanted for it. And she said, "How about I just give it to you."
Samantha happens to be THE doll Ashley wanted.
Samantha is no longer being made.Megan was just as excited to gift it to us as I was receiving it. She mentioned it was like the kid in Toy Story that passed on his favorite toys to the little girl down the street. I asked her if she wanted to give it to Ashley, but she just said she would be happy seeing pictures of Ashley opening it on Christmas morning.
This doll is in EXCELLENT condition. I asked her if she ever played with it. She even had the box the doll came in.
Here are some pictures of the clothes:

All the clothes came in a little blue suitcase. And had this little doll tea set in it.She also gave me this American Girl Brass bed.There were some of the original tags with the doll. Instructions on how to care for her hair with the hairbrush. I am in awe of her generosity!!!
Am I blessed or what?
So don't mention this to Ashley. She will be getting it for Christmas.

No comments: