Saturday, April 30, 2011

Check your receipts

This is a reminder to check your receipts. I would say at least 90% of the time it will be wrong. I would like to say that it is 97% of the time wrong, but I'm giving it a little leeway.

Tonight I went to Kroger.
Apparently I got a checker who just didn't care to do her job correctly.
I counted as she scanned each coupon.
I stopped her and said she needed one more of the Pillsbury coupons.
She charged me twice for apples. She caught that but then when she went to correct it she didn't put in the right amount. So I caught it and had her add the rest of the amount.
Then when the lady behind me distracted me and wanted to know all about couponing I saw out of the corner of my eye, the checker just put the rest of the coupons into the register and didn't scan them.

This is where you need to know what you have.

I counted each on my receipt and saw that she left off 4 coupons. I went to the customer service desk. The man at first said I had to have those coupons. I told him they were in the register and I could tell him exactly what she didn't scan. He called her and I guess by what she said on the phone he took my word for it and didn't need to get the coupons.

That was $4.00. I think that's a significant amount.

So check your receipts, chances are you are paying too much.

1 comment:

cropalot said...

We have to be on our toes all the time anymore. Thanks for the tip. Love you.