Monday, August 26, 2013

4th of July- A week in review

Alrighty, so as I was posting pictures from yesterday I noticed I accidentally saved the pictures in a file of other web photos that I haven't put on the web.  So I've got some catchin' up to do.

Here is a week in review of the week we were in Ohio over July 4th.

The kids love to go to Boettler park when we visit my parents.  And why wouldn't they? Look at this awesome park!
One of their favorite things is the zip line.





 Gramma got a new puppy for her birthday in June.  The puppy's name is Maggie and she is SO lovable!
 While we were there, a friend requested that we send a text to another friend with a picture of our family for his birthday.  So we took a quick family picture in front of the lake on my parent's property.
 Ashley had a sty on her eye, which was very painful and looked horrendous.  So in most of the pictures she is covering her eye with her hair. She had been on an antibiotic for a few days and it did clear up while we were there.
 Ashley and I got our haircut while we were there.  Ashley didn't like her haircut so she bought this big floppy hat to hide it.  It really is cute though!
 This is my Mom with the trio
 And of course we went out on the boat for the fireworks. I was disappointed in the music that was played.  The radio station that hosted this year was a little to hard for me.  They played old hard rock and roll.  They did play some patriotic songs as well, but I didn't care to listen to the rest of the songs.  We took 2 boats this year and the driver of the boat we were in apparently REALLY liked that music and played it quite loud!  It was annoying!

However, we got rock star seating for the show.  Usually, we would leave an hour early and get to the middle of the lake.  This year though it rained and we couldn't leave that early.  When we got close a police boat stopped us from going any further and we were forced to anchor in a different spot. But it turned out to be the best spot.  We were so close we were being hit by some of the casing of the fireworks.


 I tried to include some of the different kinds of fireworks we saw.








 The last day we were in Ohio, we decided to have an early birthday party for the kids.  We had to get a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. Mmmmmm!




 I wanted to give the kids their birthday present early so they would have something to do on the way home.


They all got their own iPods!  And they haven't asked to use my phone since!  YAY!

No comments: