Monday, August 26, 2013

First day of school

Last post for now.
Look how sweet this is!  One of my Kindergarten students gave me this on the first day of school.
 It had these pretty pencils in it as well!

I did have a great day of class.  I really REALLY didn't want to start school that early, but I didn't have a choice.  But I have the greatest class! 6 kindergartners and 1 first grade student.  I love them all!  We've had lots of fun!

We are making a scrapbook in class.  It includes our lesson for the week and I include a picture from each class.  It's really adorable. I may share some of it here. A friend has encouraged me to photograph it and put it on Pinterest.  I just got permission from the person who created the curriculum to link to her page.  The only thing I need to figure out is if I can post pictures of my class.  I don't know how their parents feel about their kids pictures being on the internet. 

Now onto my own children, I had to get the first day of school picture.  We got home from co-op and I said, "Come on kids. Let's go outside for your annual first day of school picture."

Aussie said, "Let me get this straight.  Are we supposed to act how we feel about school or are we supposed to act...?"

I cut him off before he finished the next sentence and said, "NO, of course not! You are supposed to act like how you feel once you've gotten home from school and can now get on the computer."

Aussie replied "OK" with a big smile!


1 comment:

doris sander said...

awesome first day photos!

you could take action shots of the kids hands as they work on the project. that way you could for sure get away with posting them. can't wait to see it!