Monday, August 26, 2013

Shakespeare Festival with RoseFairy

Had some cute pictures so I thought I'd update the ol' blog.

Last night, Greg took Ashley to a Shakespeare festival.  Ashley loves to go to all the plays! She is a real theater bug! I'm really glad her Daddy loves theater and will take her along with him. If I had to do it I might throw up! Especially Shakespeare! Sorry but YUCK! All that thee and thou stuff is enough to send me into hiding for a year or more.

Anyway, last night they were putting on the show A Mid-Summer Night's Dream and Ashley wanted to dress up like a fairy.

Introducing Rosefairy




I got tickled Ashley put a picture of herself on Instagram and said she was going to the shakes beer festival!  Poor girl!  Made me laugh quite a bit though.  If I had known it was a shakes beer festival I might have gone for a chocolate shake!



 So at the festival they encourage you to buy popcorn for the fairies and trolls in the show.  They come out in the audience and eat your food!  The kids LOVE it! I think a fairy might get smacked if they tried to steal my over-priced theater popcorn.  But at least they knew in advance and bought it for that purpose.
 The costume: As I put paint in Ashley's hair I said, "I sure hope this comes out".  Her eyes got so big! I was at least smart enough not to use Sharpie's on her skin!

Yes, after church we came home. I was given a few hours to come up with a costume.  My kids just don't understand why it's difficult to come up with a costume at the spur of the moment.  But I'm happy how it turned out.  It was stressful but still rewarding.

 I even painted her toe nails.




And I was just informed she wants to go again next weekend.

No comments: