Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Trunk or Treat

I got a great compliment today! I took the kids to Jiffy Lube with me to get my oil changed. I tried to "teach school" there, but the TV was too loud and too hard to compete with. But I did have them cutting pictures. I was very super impressed that Austin was very good at cutting on the lines that I drew. Out of all of them I thought he would be the one that would be all over the place. Anyway, there were several people getting there oil changed at the same time. The lobby was full. So on our way out the door, a man looked at me and said sincerely, "Good job Mom". Then another lady shook her head and said, "You did do a great job with your kids." I was shocked. It made me feel great though!!!

So we went home to get into costumes. Austin said he wanted to be Captain Hook and he stuck to it (Captain Hook with goggles). Ashley was going to be Cinderella, but changed her mind when she saw the box of costumes. She was Barbie with a crown instead. Then Mason, that silly boy, I asked him what he wanted to be and he said, "you know...a shopper". He wants to be a Shopper when he grows up. I had no idea how I was going to dress him. Thankfully he changed his mind when he saw the costumes too. He ended up being Woody from Toy Story with a hook.
So in the car I was explaining to them that this was not Halloween Night and that we were going to do something a little different called Trunk or Treating. Mason corrected me and said, "Trick or Treating". So I tried to explain to them what Trunk or Treating meant. I said that cars will have their trunks open and we can go up to them and say trick or treat and get candy. Then Ashley said, "How will we get them to STOP?" LOL! She thought the cars would still be going and we would have to wave them down or something.





So we went to Ann's church for Trunk or Treating. Wow they really did it up good!! I have never seen anything like it. There were atleast 50 cars participating. They had ponies to ride and two jump houses and hot dogs for everyone. It was truly amazing. I misunderstood Dana and got there an hour early. But it put us first in line to ride the ponies and when we left that line was really long.



This picture is of Ann, Ashley and Mason. Austin just wanted to go to the next car. NO time for pictures.


And this is a picture of her(Isn't she pretty?) with Dalton and Braxton.

Half way through the cars, Mason and Austin said they had enough candy and they didn't want anymore. But Ashley continued to go to every car. She said we were going, Trick or Treat trunk. We had a super great time! Thanks for inviting us Ann!

5 comments:

Dana said...

Awww, great pictures! We had so much fun - thank you Ann and thanks Chelle for taking the picture of them!

Renee said...

Grr...so sorry I didn't go now! Just felt like we've been going going gone since forever! Your kids looked so cute and it was great to see Annie's smiling face too!

Renee said...

Grr...so sorry I didn't go now! Just felt like we've been going going gone since forever! Your kids looked so cute and it was great to see Annie's smiling face too!

annie said...

Wasn't it fun!
So glad you and Dana came.
Your little ones are precious!
We must tell everyone about it next year!

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Trunk or Treat posting comment: Yes, Chelle you DO do an awesome job with your kids! Way to go, Mom! Kudos are WELL DESERVED!!!