Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Concerned- please pray/offer advice

I don't know what to do...I have a worrier!

Aussie worries about everything!
The last few days he has hardly been eating because he is afraid he is going to choke. He is getting some food in him or I would have already called the doctor. Greg and I have tried to read and explain how our throats work to him. But he is still scared. He is chewing up his food and keeping it in his cheeks until he finally spits it out. I found an article on the internet written for kids about choking. It tells how it happens and what we can do to prevent it. I will read this to him tomorrow. He is VERY smart. A little bit too smart for his age. I wish he didn't worry so much!

Then tonight he begged and begged us to watch the news so he knew that there would be no tornados coming. I didn't let him watch the news, but I assured him over and over that there will be no tornados tonight. He prays to God, but sometimes he tells me that he thinks God doesn't listen.

What do I do with him? He's only "almost" 5.

Please pray for Aussie. And also pray for my brother and his wife, who are flying back home from Bulgaria today/tonight. They have been in the Peace Corp. for 2 years and I'm so glad to have him back in the U.S.!!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sweet thing...I will say a prayer for him...
So glad to hear that your brother and his wife are coming home! Yeah!

Autumn Terrill said...

I have been following your blog for several months now, I love all of the energy you seem to have and the great things you do with your 3 adorable children.
I hope I'm not to bold to offer my insight on the issue your having with Aussie.
Now is a good time, (if you haven't already) to have him learning some
'warfare' verses. We are in a constant battle, not against flesh and blood but against principalities and poweres in high places. (this verse for you, probably not for him)
Jesus himself used scripture to resist the evil one and Aussie can too.
Scriptures we used at this age (and still use) are;
"God has not given to us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2Timothy 1:7
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:"
1John 4:18
(I often paraphrase when teaching the kids these, if necessary)

Fear is rampant in our culture today and kids are certainly not immune to 'big people' fears. Fear is a tactic of the enemy and God's word is the sword that we use to combat it, even at 'almost 5' they can wield that weapon by just speaking out the word of truth and knowing that the enemy(fear) must flee.

I will pray for him.