Monday, July 09, 2007

Good news!

Well good news- at least for right now. I misunderstood the doctor. Aussie is taking steroids now to reduce the size of his tonsils. He has been doing great today! He has been eating everything he can get his hands on. He ate all of his pancakes, chicken, noodles, etc. He told me his throat is feeling much better. PRAISE GOD!!!

Anyway, on to the misunderstanding... When I had talked to the doctor on Friday, I thought that Austin would be taking this medication and that will help him in the mean time until he has surgery. Well...if this medication works and he doesn't have a flare up again, then that's all we need to do! There is a 60% chance that just the medicine alone will do the job. If when he goes off the medication and he does have a flare up then he would need to have surgery. And there is a 40% chance of that happening.

3 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

I hope the meds work! I am so glad there is a reason behind his paranoria(sp?) I hate it when they can not tell you how something really feels.

Renee said...

That's great news. Finally, a misunderstanding that actually works in your benefit, huh?
Page says HI Ariel!

Dana said...

YEAH!! I am so glad to hear that!