Thursday, July 05, 2007

Update on Aussie

I want to thank all of you who replied. All of you gave good suggestions. Things have been crazy here, so I don’t even remember if I responded to anyone.

Anyway, we took Aussie to the doctor today. I had planned to take him and made the appointment. When he woke up he started throwing up Stomach acid. He felt miserable and I didn’t want to wait until the 10:45AM appointment. So I took him in and just said, “Whenever you can fit him in please do so”. It didn’t take long until we were seen.

I was a little upset that our regular doctor had a full schedule and we were going to see another doctor in the office. After examining Austin and giving him a strep test and it coming back negative, our regular doctor knocked on the door. I don’t know if the doctor we were seeing asked for her help or if she just showed up. Either way about it, it made me feel so much better she was there.

So we don’t know yet if he has scared himself enough to cause gastritis or if there is something wrong with his esophagus. Tomorrow, he has an esophogram at 8:00AM. I’ll keep you all updated. And I truly appreciate your prayers. ( I truly don’t know how he is going to drink the barium!)

Oh and today was a little better he did drink some milk and water. He is trying to eat a lot. He is asking for everything in sight. But most of it he spits out after he has chewed it until almost liquid.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yikes. I bet it was prayer that sent your regular doctor in. And prayers will get the barium down him too. Good luck with that.
Tell him he has to be strong and full to swim in cool Renee's pool!

Deedee said...

Poor little tike! Will certainly be praying for you all! Thanks for the update.