I'm tired and kind of crabby.
We started school on Monday. The kids like it about as much as they did last year. I just don't know how to motivate them. I'm so tired of hearing..."NO NO I DON'T WANT TO DO SCHOOL!!!!!"
I do know that they like when we read Charlotte's Web because they are allowed to eat popcorn in the Livingroom while I read on the couch. But I can't give them popcorn all day long and I just don't think that would work with Math anyway.
And they like any craft we do, even though I might get an "I don't want to" or two. They usually end up liking it.
I've hit a couple bumps in the road. I found that the Readers curriculum I got for the kids is too advanced. So I had to order a different one. I had borrowed the books- so not much money lost. But I am looking to borrow the books for this curriculum, but it is short notice.
I also just can't get into this Phonics program it is just too different and I don't feel like it is very orderly. I want a curriculum that tells me where to start and what to do each day. I don't want to have to guess where to start. So I had a credit with A Beka and I ordered Language books which will probably come early next week.
I'm finding it extremely hard to keep up the house when school's in session. To do a good job teaching- it really wears me out! I would appreciate prayers.
I'll post pictures next time- it's too late to crop and size them tonight.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
3 comments:
All of my plans for spending 15 minutes a day doing "school stuff" was totally ignored. By me. She would have done it, I just don't have it in me to homeschool. So glad she starts next week so I can get over my guilt for not working with her more. But SHE had a great summer, so I guess that is what's important!
Hi Chelle! I use Abeka for everything except Math because like you said, I need something to tell me exactly what to do each day. To some homeschooling Moms, that thought seems hilarious but I need structure. I would think you would need it more than me with 3! I do use Math-U-See because I love it. I hope you like Abeka. This is our 3rd year using it and I can't wait. I have everything ready to start this Monday.
Happy homeschooling!
Chelle, what you are doing is AWESOME. I applaud you for pushing on, because I know when they are resisting it would be very easy to just pack them off to public school... so kudos to you for keeping with it! And by the way -- just think... popcorn is FIBER, right? So yep - go ahead & give it to them all day long if it keeps them complacent LOL!! (This from the woman who counts ketchup as a vegetable....)
Post a Comment