Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gas shortage



We have little to NO gas in Nashville because of IKE. The news says they think things will even out by next Friday.
Anyway on my way home yesterday I saw a gas station that had 1 pump working. There was a LONG line but I decided to wait it out. I got in line. Thank heavens for a DVD player in the car for the kids to watch. We were probably there for at least 40 minutes. We were the 2nd people in line when the pump ran out! UGH! So I checked a Shell station close to home and they said a truck would be coming in at night. I went home made dinner, got the kids to bed, etc. Then Greg and I watched the last 3 episodes of "24" Season 1. ( NOOOOOOO! I didn't WANT it to be Nina!)
Then at 1:00AM Greg went out to get some gas. Guess what? There was still a long line waiting to get some. I think he waited 40 minutes at 1 AM! AMAZING! Anyway he was able to fill up.

2 comments:

Teresa AKA: T said...

Wow un-belivable... We were hit by Icky Ike and have been without power for going on 9 days now.... we have not had a probelm finding gas for the generator.... So Thanking God for that... Till Next Time T....

PS... Email me if you would like a id and password to my blog...

Proud Parents of 4 said...

WOW Chelle, that is unbelievable indeed! Crazy! Glad Greg was able to fill up though - hopefully it won't be a problem by the end of the week.