Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oh me oh my!

I'm tired!


I'm working on a little craft project that I hope to have done this weekend. It's a little hodge podge scrapbook.

I'm taking an online class. Even though her style is not really my style, I love the tips and techniques she has been giving. Anyway, I hope to show it to you soon.

On my way out today, I opened the garage door and it looked like it was pouring outside. I noticed there was a big puddle of water in the garage. Then I noticed it was not raining outside. So I looked around and saw that our water heater had exploded. So I called Greg and he told me how to turn off the gas and I did that. Then he wanted me to turn off the water. I saw the handle but I wasn't able to turn it. So I went across the street to see if Mr. Neighbor was there. He was not but his wife said this happened to her and she knew where it was. So she came over and she couldn't move it- but she had the right tool. So she brought it over and I was able to turn off the water. We are so lucky I found it when I did or our garage would be flooded and anything on the floor would have been ruined. Anyway, there was a hole in it so it was still leaking from the bottom. Greg was able to take the water out of the tank when he got home.

SO I guess we have to get a new water heater! UGH!

Anyway- while Mrs. Neighbor was over she also told us that our tree is dying. One of the boys brought this cocoon type thing into us and she was able to identify it and said it was a worm that eats trees and that we really need to get rid of them before it kills the tree. The tree is producing a lot of pine cone looking seeds and it has never done this before. She said, it might be like a pine tree. When a pine tree is about to die it produces lots of seeds to takes its place. I thought that was interesting and it's probably true. So I guess we have a dying tree in our front yard! At least the kids had fun on it!

And here is a little layout I did last week. It is hard to take a picture of it because the transparancy picks up reflections.

This is my Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Renee said...

bummer on the water heater
glad you caught it, though.

sorry we couldn't get together last week-

doris sander said...

boo on the water heater. boo on the bugs. but yay for scrappies! :D