Thursday, March 05, 2009

Visiting Family

It has been 4 1/2 years since I've seen my brother Mark. He was visiting my sister Kim (who by the way has NEVER seen my kids) in Florida for a couple weeks. My Mom and Dad drove down to visit my sister and pick up Mark and take him back to Ohio. So on the way down to Florida, my parents stopped by and took me and the kids out to dinner. (Greg already had plans.) On their way back they stopped here again this time with Mark. My kids didn't remember Mark and they were very shy around him. Mark loves kids so it was a shame they didn't have more time to warm up to him.

Anyway, we met in their hotel (WHICH WAS NOT A HOLIDAY INN). The employees didn't tell us what hotel it was, but they were ADAMANT about it not being a Holiday Inn! Even though the sign by the road, on the doors, on everything even the floor mat when you walk in the door says Holiday Inn.


Mark was surprised that I had dark hair. That's what happened after I had kids- my hair just started getting darker and darker. He asked me if I dyed it, but I don't. He looked the same except with several gray hairs. It was good to see him. He asked me if I was going to visit him in California. Boy would I like to. But I told him probably not. We have no money to get there, or to find a place to stay or to eat when we are there. He talked like he might like to move to Arizona, if he gets a job there.

Well anyway, we took some snapshots in the lobby of the kiddos. They were so hyped up! CRAZY! They were running left and right and all over the place.


***Mom- I promise most people think my kids are really well behaved!***

So then we went to Chic-Fil-A for dinner. It was Family night and in Brentwood, you can get kids' meals for $1.50. YAY! The place was crowded as usual. We managed to visit a little bit. The kids got their faces painted. Aussie got a green sparkly cat. Every single time I tried to take his picture he would close his eyes. So this is the best I got. Ashley got a unicorn.

And Mason wanted a dog face. I was surprised because he normally doesn't like to get his face painted. But he had his mind made up. He wanted a whole dog face or nothing. The lady wasn't doing whole faces tonight because it took too long, but I asked if she could just do an outline or something. So happy happy Mason got his puppy dog face.






Well shoot! I see that it is 1:40AM. I'm not even tired. Where did the time go? I guess I better go to bed.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I hope you got pics of you and your brother together.

Jill LaFaye said...

Kids meals for a buck fifty..sounds like a deal! What a handsome brother you have..you both look so much alike:) I am so glad that you got to see him.