Sunday, March 08, 2009

Unfortunately another stressful day

Friday-
Co-op day! I like co-op day! (typically)


Ashley's Daisy class was cancelled (2nd week in a row) this time because they were having a field trip later on in the day. If Daisy's was the last class of the day that would be OK, but it's not. So someone has to be there to watch the few girls who have other classes after Daisies. I always feel like it's my responsibility to be that person and I feel like I should have something for them to do for that hour. I bought some construction paper, glue and markers to keep in the car for such occasions now.



So then I find out that the field trip is at 2:30. When I first heard this I didn't think anything about it, I just thought oh good it's on Friday after co-op. My kids' have a 1:45 class that is over at 2:45. Shoot! What do I do? The field trip is in Smyrna about 15 minutes away. I was frustrated to say the least. One of my friends said she could take Ashley and I said, I would come and pick her up after the boys get out of class. I had Ashley go to class for the first 20 minutes and then took her out.




Someone gave me directions, so after class I loaded up the boys and set out for the Smryna Fire Station. I got to the road and turned right and it was not right there like I thought it would be. I went to the traffic light and turned around thinking well maybe it is on the road I was just on close to this road I turned on. I finally get through a little bit of traffic and find that there is NO fire station there. I was VERY frustrated at this point. I stopped at a gas station to ask where it was. They tell me it is down the street on the right. OK so now I'm getting pretty upset with my friend who gave me the directions thinking she doesn't know her right from her left and that it really isn't close to this street at all. Sure enough I find the Smryna Fire Station. I pull in and don't see any girls. I start to get really upset and trying to find a phone number to call. A man came out and asked me if I needed help. I said, I was trying to find the Girl Scout group that was supposed to be here. Then he says, well maybe they're at the other Smyrna Fire Station. He tells me right where it is, on the street my friend told me it was. I just hadn't gone far enough. I got there as they were finishing up. I was so upset to have missed it. I did end up getting a couple pictures of the group shot.




Then we went to the TLC school play of the Music Man. They really did an excellent job. But the kids got bored quickly. So it was stressful watching it and trying to hold onto my sleepy kids.
Unfortunately, it was another stressful day. But Saturday was better! I'll blog about it tomorrow, because it's already 1AM and we have to move our clocks forward tonight.




No comments: