Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 18 Birthday

We had a birthday here. Ashley told him to wear this work, but he got caught not wearing it. I don't know why he didn't want to wear it! We set up Skype and called Greg at work and Ashley saw he wasn't wearing it. BUSTED!
39, 39, look who's 39 and lookin' fine.
For his birthday we got him a Belgian waffle maker. OH YUM!
So for a birthday breakfast I made him one. Delicious! Then I had to choose- make a delicious dinner or make a cake. The kids really would have been disappointed if I didn't make the cake. So I made one from scratch. It was the most delicious cake I have ever had. I'm not kidding! It started out perfect. I made a chocolate cake with a layer of Dulce de leche and a layer of chocolate ganache and sprinkled with pecans to make it a turtle like filling. It looked beautiful. But then I put a layer of ice cream on top. UGH! It melted everywhere! So my beautiful cake turned into a very UGLY cake.


Aussie said, "Mom you should sell this cake and you can put my picture on the package and say it doesn't matter how it looks, it matters how it tastes."

I think if I make it again, I'll leave off the ice cream as a layer. But I'll add it as a topping instead.We all enjoyed it very much, except for Ashley who doesn't like chocolate.
Ashley made this bunny for Daddy for his birthday. She liked it so much she decided to keep it for herself and just give Daddy this picture.

No comments: