Monday, February 22, 2010

Tonight's home cooked meal

Well I have been doing really well cooking at home this year. Unfortunately, even when I make a delicious meal like this: It is only loved by Greg and me.
I got this chicken recipe here. It was better the last time I made it. Last time I coarsly chopped the garlic and this time I minced it, as it was easier. Also, I think I needed to cook it longer, it was still pink in some places. I made it perfect last time, but I don't remember how long on what temperature I cooked it then. The recipe lists 500 degrees for 40-50 mins for 3-5 pound chicken, but many people wrote in and said the temperature had to be wrong. I cooked 2 of them on 400 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I think it could have used another 1/2 hour.
I just LOVE these cheese herb biscuits!
I really, really, REALLY want a grain mill. The one I want costs $266. I'm saving my pennies. I have been buying freshly milled flour from some friend's at church. So I made these with freshly milled whole wheat flour.
And these yummy fresh green beans- so much better than canned!

Now if only I could get my kids to like anything that I make.

1 comment:

ABIGAIL said...

This looks like a great dinner! My name is Abigail Pogrebin; I'm an identical twin and former 60 Minutes producer who just published a book about twins called "One and the Same." I think any parent of twins will find much to chew on and maybe some guidance as to how to dodge pitfalls of doubleness. I'd love to speak to you about the possibility of a book review and/or author Q&A. My email is apogrebin@gmail.com, website:www.abigailpogrebin.com