Monday, July 26, 2010

Eight Years ago today- July 26


Eight years ago today I was scared out of my mind. The next day I would go early into the hospital to have my trio. I had so many feelings! My body hurt. I could barely move from one room to the next. I could no longer get dressed by myself. These white pants were the only pants that fit me for at least the last month. If I had to go to the bathroom I had to have help getting off the toilet. I always preferred to be upstairs so that I could go to the bathroom by myself. There was a counter on one side and a window sill on the other that I could pull myself up. But the last week was extremely hard and it was too hard to make it up the stairs. I slept in a recliner.


The anesthesiologist called late that evening to prepare me for what he was going to do. That frightened me even more. I stopped him and said I couldn't listen anymore and that I was going to hand the phone over to my husband. He said, "No you HAVE to listen." I said OK and just cried as he finished telling me what had to be done.


I barely slept that night. I was ready for the babies to be out, but I was not ready at all for how they were going to get out.


I had had a pretty good pregnancy. I barely felt sick. I did at times but nothing too bad. The doctor wanted me to get to 34 weeks. I've always said that I made it to that, but actually it was 33 weeks and 5 days. (The actual number of weeks and days is apparently important to other triplet Moms.) I went in to the doctor the Thursday before and I had my bags packed for my hospital stay. I said, I want these babies out NOW! She was working on the weekend so she agreed to do it on Saturday (2 days earlier). I said, OK.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look cute. What a special time of year for your family. May your trio have a blessed year.

Jo

Proud Parents of 4 said...

Look at you - you look so beautiful! I love that pic of you and the evident glow and love and bond you already had then with these amazing, precious little blessings! :-) Love listening to you recall those moments. . . it brings back such excitement and joy for me too. . . from 'almost' 8yrs ago! lol ;-) Congrats Hun on such a beautiful family - you R-O-C-K girl! :-)

Love ya,
Rach