One of my friends from church invited us to go to the zoo today. Her daughter, Bethany bonded right away with Ashley. The kids always enjoy going into the unseen world, which is filled with snakes, turtles, bats, fish and spiders. It's not my favorite part of the zoo. But I certainly don't mind going in there because it is air conditioned.
Now one thing I do enjoy is looking at the beautiful birds. Some of them let me get pretty close to them.




Another one of my favorite places in our Nashville zoo is the Bamboo trail. I am fascinated with bamboo. I think it is so beautiful. I know that it is strong so I let my kids hang like monkeys from it. After I took several pictures, I saw a sign that asked people not to play with the bamboo and to stay on the trail. That's a bummer because I really like watching them climb in it.



One day I waited in line at the membership desk a terribly long time. The zoo worker was very patient with the foreign guy he was speaking with trying to explain why he couldn't have 2 families on one zoo card. But the guy had a hard time understanding. Anyway, the zoo worker gave me a bag full of coins to ride the carousel for free for having to wait so long. It was an awesome deal for me. Each ride costs $2. There is no way I would pay that much to go on the carousel. So I spread it out and let them go on the carousel every now and then.

The tigers were not in their caged area today. There were men working in there. But I had always been fascinated with watching the tigers that I never noticed this beautiful waterfall.
One of the funny things that happened today, was my friend said, "Hey kids come look there's a man in this cage." I grabbed my camera and pretended to take a picture. I yelled down to the men, "smile." I think they got a little kick out it, but one said, "No, no, come back later and we will be dressed as tigers."

It was an extremely hot day! In the 100s. There is a heat advisory warning out right now. We actually tried to go early enough that it wouldn't get so hot. But even at 9AM it was hot. But by the afternoon it was REALLY hot. So the kids ran through this water sprinkler. Actually it is a play snake that spits water.


Now one thing I do enjoy is looking at the beautiful birds. Some of them let me get pretty close to them.




Another one of my favorite places in our Nashville zoo is the Bamboo trail. I am fascinated with bamboo. I think it is so beautiful. I know that it is strong so I let my kids hang like monkeys from it. After I took several pictures, I saw a sign that asked people not to play with the bamboo and to stay on the trail. That's a bummer because I really like watching them climb in it.


One day I waited in line at the membership desk a terribly long time. The zoo worker was very patient with the foreign guy he was speaking with trying to explain why he couldn't have 2 families on one zoo card. But the guy had a hard time understanding. Anyway, the zoo worker gave me a bag full of coins to ride the carousel for free for having to wait so long. It was an awesome deal for me. Each ride costs $2. There is no way I would pay that much to go on the carousel. So I spread it out and let them go on the carousel every now and then.
The tigers were not in their caged area today. There were men working in there. But I had always been fascinated with watching the tigers that I never noticed this beautiful waterfall.
One of the funny things that happened today, was my friend said, "Hey kids come look there's a man in this cage." I grabbed my camera and pretended to take a picture. I yelled down to the men, "smile." I think they got a little kick out it, but one said, "No, no, come back later and we will be dressed as tigers."
It was an extremely hot day! In the 100s. There is a heat advisory warning out right now. We actually tried to go early enough that it wouldn't get so hot. But even at 9AM it was hot. But by the afternoon it was REALLY hot. So the kids ran through this water sprinkler. Actually it is a play snake that spits water.

I think zebras are so beautiful.
I fell in love with this red panda. Usually when we come they are curled up in a tree. But this one was right there for me to take a picture.
I fell in love with this red panda. Usually when we come they are curled up in a tree. But this one was right there for me to take a picture.







No comments:
Post a Comment