Thursday, December 04, 2014

2014 Christmas tree



Yesterday I was dog tired! Hence, the reason for no blog post. However, it was not an uneventful day. The UPS man showed up again!  This time with:


My Christmas Present!!!

It didn't come with an SD card, so I frantically searched the house knowing I had seen one recently. I found one and then the battery died because it is only sent with a partly charged battery, just enough to set it up and so I had to charge it. The ANTICIPATION....ARGH!

I tried taking pictures of my Christmas tree.  Usually a picture captures what I see.  Unfortunately, these pictures just don't show what I see.  When I look at the pictures I see all the clutter around it. And the tree just looks uneven and lopsided. But when I see my tree in person it makes me smile.  I somehow managed to fill the space with longer ornaments where there is no branches. Even though I would like to have another ribbon at the bottom, I didn't have one to put there, in person it doesn't look so odd. Anyway, here it is:

I think it is funny how Izzy got in the picture. She seemed to want in all my pictures yesterday.


Here are some other decorations that make me smile:



 Ashley points out her favorite ornament. She got this last year from Lipscomb for being in Les Miserables.



Because I had very little sleep the night before, it was a very relaxed day.  Ashley begged to play games.  We started out with Rummikub. She won one and I won one.  Then we played 3-4 rounds of Boggle.  She had never played before.  Then we finished off the day with some very exciting and fun rounds of Uno where Aussie and Mason joined us.



I attempted to take some pictures of myself without a tripod.



And I'll leave you with another fur baby- Lucky. She has been a much happier cat since we put in a cat door to the garage. She now lets me pet her, where she used to only allow Greg to touch her.



No comments: