Monday, December 01, 2014

Thanksgiving / Dec. 1st (original title huh?)

Hi! Did ya miss me?

It's December! Time for me to start blogging again.  Attempting to blog everyday of December but well, we'll see!

This year we went to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving. It tasted so good! The kids played checkers with Greg.  Aussie brought several cubes with him and solved them all.

Ashley

Aussie
Mason
(I'm scheduling the haircut this week!)


Greg and Mas

I saw this ornament at Cracker Barrel and wondered if I could somehow recreate it.



Today Ashley and I spent much of the day drawing. We learned of an art form called zentangling.  Actually, it is something I already do when I doodle.  But this time I set out to make art from it.
This was my first attempt:




 Ashley's: (plus the Christmas tree above)



We had a great time designing and being together.

Then we had yummy potato cheese soup for dinner!

So today is the first day of my December journaling.

Our first picture prompt is to take a picture of ourselves.  My Mom has been asking me for a picture so I better get to it. I have one that I can share now, but would like to take a better one with my camera instead of my cell phone. And speaking of cameras...today is cyber Monday.  I've been searching for 3 days to find the best deal on the camera I wanted.  And last night I found it online!  Greg approved and so I bought my Christmas present.  I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive.  It is a huge jump in what I have. I am so excited!  Ashley thinks I have to wait until Christmas.  She is trying to bargain with me if I get an early present then she should too. Let me tell you right now 
that won't happen!

Our journaling prompt for today is to write our Christmas manifesto.  Here is mine:

This year has been H-A-R-D!  It actually started last November.  It has been so bad that I didn't even want to work on a December Daily.  And the whole entire year went downhill.  This Christmas season I want to keep it simple.  I want to enjoy the little things.  My house will probably not get at decorated as I want.  It probably wont get as clean as I want.  But this year I'm going to take it one day at a time.
Here's hoping this is the start of a happier season!
Chelle 2014

And now to leave you with a cute picture of Izzy.




No comments: