Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Ginormisical Christmas

Today Ashley and I were listening to Christmas music.  The song Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas came on. This disturbed her.  She said, "She shouldn't sing have a merry 'LITTLE' Christmas! It should be have yourself a merry Ginormisical Christmas!" Yes, she made up that word.  I thought it was quite funny!

I always remember Christmas being a BIG deal. I don't know if all of my Christmases were huge but they sure felt that way to me! It might have something to do with being from a large family. With 6 kids there was bound to be several gifts under the tree.

I do remember having a few wrapped presents under the tree before Christmas.  I have always liked the look of having some under the tree even if they weren't for me.  I would LOVE to do that here, but it would drive my kids crazy! So until they are much older we will have no presents under the tree before Christmas day.

I asked the kids what some of their earliest Christmas memories were. Aussie had the earliest memory.  He remembered being 2 years old grabbing the ribbon/bows off the presents and putting them on his head and running around. I remember that too.  He didn't care as much for the present itself...but those bows...that was a different story!

Ashley remembered 3 things. Starting later and then remembering earlier and earlier.  She remembered getting a tiger she could sit on and the American Girl Julie. Then she said, "oh wait, I remember getting the American Girl doll Meghan (the name she called Samantha)." Then she remembered, the year before that when she got the Doll and Me doll Sarah.  She also remembered that year they all got their first Webkinz in their stockings.

Mason also remembered the Webkinz they got in the stockings and he lovingly named which ones they got.  Which is amazing to remember which ones they got because they have gotten quite a few since then.

I tried to get more out of them and prompted them with what other early Christmas memories do you have? Do you remember seeing Santa?  Ashley was the only one to respond.  She remembered going to the mall to see Santa when she was 7. We went to this particular mall because our friend from church was playing Santa. She knew Santa wasn't real but wanted to see him because he always made her happy.  She never knew his real name, but she always called him the Santa Claus Man when she saw him at church.

Today we started to decorate the Christmas tree.  It is such a pitiful tree, but it will do.
Ashley and Mason started decorating it, but they apparently got side tracked.  We will have to finish it up tomorrow.

Mason finally decided what he wanted for Christmas.  He found several Minecraft plush online that he didn't know existed and he got all excited.  And for most of the day I spent trying to locate such animals/dolls. I wish I had known black Friday because I probably could have gotten better deals.

BUT...

MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IS DONE!
except for a few stocking stuffers

Oh and I'll probably make a few things because that's what I do!

Today the UPS man came to our house. Everything from the sound of the truck pulling down our culdesac, turning around, and stopping in front of our house, seeing the man walking to our front door and me trying to get to the door before he puts it on the porch and leaves makes me So GIDDY!  I mean seriously, it is an adrenaline rush!
Today's package wasn't even a Christmas gift but something we needed and I still got all excited!

These are the signs of Christmas to me!

And I got another cute picture of Izzy.  Don't know if I'll leave you with a picture of cat everyday, but who knows we will just have to find out!

No comments: