It's his tonsils!
I'm very surprised at how fast we got results. The appointment was at 8:00AM this morning and we have results at 8:30AM!
Greg hasn't talked to the pediatrician yet. She will make an appointment for Austin to see an ENT doctor. His tonsils are enlarged enough that it is making it hard for him to swallow food. He is able to drink. So for now I need to add some Carnation Milk to his drinks so he can get some nutrients.
Greg said Austin did real well at the hospital. He was able to drink and eat the barium. He had a hard time eating it, but he got enough in him to get the results.
I'm so glad to have some answers!
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
6 comments:
Oh..poor little thing! I am glad you found out what was wrong..so quickly.
This happened with my nephew. He had been sick so many different times and each time my SIL took him in, they would give her the same "sore throat" song. The week after she and my brother got married, she took him to his new doctor since she was now on my brother's insurance and they were shocked. The doctor said that his tonsils were the size of what an adult males would normally be and he didn't understand why they hadn't been taken out before. He was scheduled for surgery the next week and has not had any problems since then. Needless to say, my SIL wasn't too happy. Every time she had taken him to the doctor before, she was paying cash for every visit because she didn't have insurance and she felt like they treated her like one of those mom's who brings their child in for every little thing that is wrong. Glad you found out what is wrong. I hope that everything works out.
Praise the Lord you have answers now! Praying for wisdom for you and the doctors as to the best way to treat him. (((HUGS)))
oh....isn't it good to know what it was....he had a reason to be scared of choking...his poor little throat was so sore. it is hard when they are sick and don't yet have a "complete" way of explaining what hurts...I am amazed at his ability to express this...looking back on it -- what an accurate understanding he had....wow! I will be praying for you and sweet Aussie!
poor thing!
i just read all thru your saga and i am so sorry! poor aussie, i will check back tomorrow to see if you have an update from the dr about what is next. i am assuming the tonsils are going to come out!
yeah finally results!
Post a Comment