Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pouring, Snoring and Curriculum

Can you believe it? Our other TV died!

GOOD GRIEF!! When it rains it pours!

Speaking of raining...We had terrible storms last night. It kept us up all night long. The loud thunder would make me jump in the middle of the night.

The electricity went off, I didn't realize when it went off, but I sure knew when it came back on. My CPAP machine came on full force.

LOL- It's Raining it's pouring, poor Chelle is snoring, jumped in bed when the thunder said. And had a hard time getting up in the morning.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to figure out my curriculum for next year.

So far I like the Sonlight core program for History and Geography.
I'll probably stay with A Beka for Math
Handwriting without Tears- for proper pencil holding and correct formation.

I'm still trying to decide what we will use for Language Arts.
I'm going to look at Learning Language Arts through Literature, My Father's World and Sonlight to see what they have to offer. I think A Beka is good, but my kids get so bored with it.

I would like some type of crafty curriculum for Ashley since she loves crafts.

--------------------------------------------
Oh also, I talked to some other homeschoolers today about Ashley. I was getting so discouraged with her not recognizing her numbers after 12. And they reassured me that it is developmental. And it might even take up to a year. It made me feel better. She can add and subtract well as long as it is with numbers below 10. They did give me a couple of suggestions on how to help.
They suggested a straight number line. I have a number chart, but they said a straight line might help. Also they suggested a game on the floor. Put a number line on the floor and say add 2 and they have to jump 2 spaces. That sounds like some fun Math.

3 comments:

doris sander said...

sorry to hear about all the random bills weighing you down. i totally hear you sister. :P

and i'm a little lol. i was reading the thunder part and totally read "CRAP machine" . . . oops! :D

Snarky Mom Reads said...

My other comment just got lost in cyber space! The boys learned the line thing, and we also sneak math into our dinner conversations to do some math drills which they don't realize is what they are doing LOL!! As for the TV? You're just early for TV TURNOFF WEEK! It starts April 21st -- check it out at www.tvturnoff.org or www.turnoffyourtv.com !!

Blessed Mom said...

Hey going without TV isn't so bad. If you start jones for tv you can always go to abc.com or nbc.com to catch one of your shows. We do not have a single tv in our house. The first week is the hardest.