Oh my goodness, I am so far behind on my blogging. I've been watching "24" and scrapbooking and well something has to give.

Anyway, these pictures are from the pumpkin farm we went to in Shelbyville last Monday.
If you look at these pictures you might think we had a fabulous time. And yes parts were really fun. But for the most part the trip was a disaster! I had caravaned up there so I didn't need directions even though I had printed them off from Mapquest.
While we were there we went through a 3 MILE long corn maze. The kids ran ahead of me. I was yelling for them but they were on a mission. Mason and Ashley went to the left and Aussie said, "I'll go this way" and went to the right. I caught up to Aussie. We quickly found our way out and turned around to find Ashley and Mason. They were NO where to be found. I wasn't terribly worried b/c we were the only group there and I knew that they could be seen from the watch tower. But still I yelled for them and tried to find them. I walked up and down that field, with Aussie, yelling. Austin started to get scared b/c we couldn't find them.
One of the teachers yelled to me and said that they found them. So I started walking back and they were brought back in a jeep. They had caught up with one of the other teachers who didn't know that they were 'lost'. Mason hurt his finger and when he hurt his finger, Ashley said, "I want my Mommy."I of course hugged them and said that it was not a good idea to go off by themselves, etc. etc.
Then Ashley said to me, "I thought you cared about us."
I said, "Where did that come from? Of course I care about you!"
and she said, "Then why did you give up looking for us."
Talk about heart breaking! I was SO upset! I set her straight and told her I never stopped looking for them.

Anyway, they got to pick pumpkins,
ride on the zip 
line. 
They got to feed the baby calf. And they got to swing round and round on the tire swing which made them very dizzy. They told me they were ready to go home. So we left, following the Mapquest directions getting out of there. My instinct told me to turn left, but the directions said turn right...so I did. I was out in the middle of no where! There were NO street signs and NO cell service. If I was in dire straits I could have switched my phone over to dialog, but I wasn't to that point yet. Anyway, I decided to turn around. The kids were hungry and two of them were getting car sick. I was looking everywhere for a person to ask directions. I finally came upon a Hispanic woman coming out to get her mail. I turned into her driveway to ask for help. In her very broken English she said to wait that she was going to get something. I thought maybe she was going to get her husband or someone who knew English. But she brought out a map. She pointed to the street and said, "Sims Road". It was very helpful. I was wondering how in the heck did I get on Sims Road- but it was one of those roads that changes names a few times. So I found my way into civilization. I saw a Pizza Hut. I had never been so glad to see a Pizza Hut in my life! We stopped there, got out, got into the restaurant and Mason threw up. Could this day get any worse?I knew he wasn't sick sick. I knew it was car sickness...he has done this before.
So we cleaned it up and decided to eat lunch and sit there until we felt better. After everyone ate we were feeling a lot better. The restaurant people helped me find my way out of there and I was so grateful!!!! I was able to contact Greg from the Pizza Hut. He was SO upset and was about to come out after us. But I assured him we were OK and that I knew where we were now.
We got home safely but very tired.
I did get some good pictures, but I'm not sure if I'll scrapbook them because this day was NOT a very good day to remember.
3 comments:
Chelle,
I am so sorry you got lost getting out of there! I think we had left just within 5 minutes of you. I thought the field trip was a lot of fun and I am sorry you did not enjoy it:-(
See you on Thursday!
Anna
Are you going back again next year? LOL
It was a good lesson for the kids. I don't think they would run off from you again. Really, it sounds like a great place. Maybe if you had two adults, it would be easier. If it turned out to be a better day, you would feel good about scrapbooking it. You probably need to do that to replace these memories with more pleasant ones. Just hope they don't decide it was more exciting when they got lost.
Geez ole peets! Who in the WORLD would want to go into a THREE MILE corn maze??!!!!????? Geesh! I'm sorry it wasn't a fun day overall but at least you got some good pictures, right??!! Hugs & noodles to ya!
Post a Comment