Monday, November 02, 2009

Bobcat Badge!

The first step in cub scouts is to get your bobcat badge. The boys earned their badges Thursday. It had been a really Topsy Turvy day Thursday, a real Murphy's Law kind of day. I ran out the door to get them there on time with no make up on not knowing that I would have to participate in the ceremony and be in any pictures. I'm sure I was a real site to see driving down the street holding Aussie's boy scout shirt out the window hoping it would dry on the way there.


But hey this isn't about me. I'm really proud of my boys!




Each color of paint on their faces represent something.

BLUE is from the sky. The paw print of the Bobcat on your forehead is the spirit of the bobcat. This reminds you to do your best on the Cub Scout Trail.

YELLOW is from the sun. The marks under your eyes will help you see the light of the Cub Scout trail and they symbolize the bright spirit of Cub Scouting.

WHITE is for purity. The mark on your nose helps you know right from wrong as you go along the Cub Scout trail.

RED is for courage. The mark on your chin reminds you to always speak the truth.

GREEN stands for the spirit of nature. The marks on each cheek will guide you to live in harmony with the great outdoors.
Then the boys painted MY nose.

WHITE is for Love and guidance, your parents are always with you in your heart and in your spirit. They will always do the right thing and will help you achieve all your Scout goals and keep you on the track of life until you are a man and can soar with the Eagles.

Then they had some "ceremonial punch", which the boys did not drink, since they don't like juice or punch of any kind.

Then they were awarded their camping badge. They were very tickled about getting these badges, especially Aussie. He strives to be the best at everything.

****
They are given the bobcat badge upside down. Then they have to do something helpful for their parent. Then the parent will turn it right side up and sew it on the pocket. Mwahahaha! I've got them cleaning MY room. :)

No comments: