Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stunningly Beautiful

It was an amazing trip to Gatlinberg! This was the view from our cabin.

We went for Greg's brother's wedding. When we got there and met up with the cousins, Shaina decided to show us where her cabin was. So we started to walk to their cabin. Down the mountain, around the mountain, up the mountain..."OH this is not the right way.",she says. Down the mountain, around and up a different way. I said, "Would you please call Kevin and find out where the cabin is?" So they called and they weren't even there. So we walked all the way back to our cabin. Later that evening we got to visit their cabin. It wasn't even in the same direction as where we were walking and it really wasn't close enough to walk to. However, it made for some pretty photos.

Spring has sprung here. The trees are beginning to bloom.


It is just amazingly beautiful!


Our cabin was really nice. It was stocked with just about everything you can think of.



Greg got to catch up on some reading.

This hung from the front porch. Inside there were detailed directions on what to do if you encounter a bear. You should get close together with whoever you are with, raise your arms and look as big as you possibly can, talk very loudly and walk backwards slowly. If you run it might think you are prey.
The cousins say Mason has a Justin Beiber haircut. I haven't looked him up to see, but I know he is very popular. Greg told us all a really funny story. One of his friends who has 2 young girls took them to see the Justin Beiber movie. He ended up enjoying the movie himself and decided to post on Facebook about it. So when he posted he meant to say, I can't believe I'm saying this but I have Beiber Fever. Well...it autocorrected Beiber to wiener. So to all his friends he wrote,

I can't believe I'm saying this but I have wiener fever!

And Sunday when we went to Logan's with the grandparents, something else funny happened.
Blade is my nephew.
You know how kids make up jokes and they don't mean anything? Well Blade repeated a joke that Mason made up. When Nana heard it she said, "Blade WHERE did you hear that?" He told her Mason just made it up. When we realized it was completely innocent we busted out laughing.
Q: What did the peanut say to the man?
A: Where's your nuts?

We had to explain it to the boys and I think Mason was a bit embarrassed because he didn't mean it that way at all. But that joke has been told over and over again this week- not by the kids but by the adults. We are still laughing!

Ashley
Blade
Aussie

The kids love being around their cousins.
This is the end of day 1 in the Smokies.
Hopefully I'll put day 2 on tomorrow.

No comments: