Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mom's Bragging Again!

All of this for $2.17?

Yes, I walked in the house all giddy from my shopping trip. I cleared off the table and started the set up for the above picture. Mason says, "So you're going to brag about your shopping trip again, huh?" Aussie asked, "How did you do?" I wasn't sure until I sat down and figured it out, but I told him I practically got all the groceries for free.

I actually spent $102.17.
Now I know you are saying wait a minute THAT is NOT Free! Or even close to being Free! What I am not counting in my groceries are the two $50 Shell Gas Gift cards I bought with the groceries.

See Publix has a deal this week that if you spend $25 (before coupons) you can get $10 off a $50 gas gift card.

So tonight I split my groceries into two transactions. I really didn't need that much yogurt, but I had coupons to make it free and I needed to get my total up to $25 so I could get the gift card.

I suppose I ought to say I spent $22.17 on groceries, but I prefer to let the 2/ $10 off coupons for gas cards go toward the groceries. So I will say I only spent $2.17. Not too shabby!

I have a wonderfully busy day tomorrow. And I'm sure you will get to see other pictures besides my grocery trips in the next day or two. So I really really need to get to bed! But for those who are interested below are the details to my shopping trip.

Details:
2 Simply OJ- 2 for $6
Used 2 $1.00 coupons
=$2.00 each

6 Oscar Mayer Lunchables -$1.00
Used 3 $1.00/2 coupons
=$.50 each

1 Glad quart size storage bags and 1 Glad gallon size freezer bags - B1G1
No coupons :(
= $1.60 each

4 Cheerios 2 for $5
Used 2 Publix coupons $1/2 (Revised)
Used 2 Mfg coupons $1/2
Used Target coupon $1.50/3
= $1.13 each (The way we eat Cheerios I need to get me some more coupons and do this again!)

8 Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli- 50% = $.89
Used 4 Publix coupons $1/2
Used 1 MFG coupon $.50/2 (Kroger mailing)
Used 2 MFG coupons $1.00/3
= $.01/ $.02 each

6 Yoplait YoPlus yogurt- B1G1= $1.00
Used 6 MFG coupons $.50 (Publix doubles coupons $.50 <> =FREE

2 Eggo Pancakes -B1G1= $1.40
Used 1 $1.00 MFG coupon (Kroger mailing)
= $.89 each

6 Sargento Shredded Cheese- 2 for $4.00
Used 6 Publix coupons $1.50
= $.50 each

2 Publix Big Towel Roll (Wednesday Penny item)
=.01 each

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This whole coupon thing is stressful. I had not gone grocery shopping because I do not want to pay too much but then I have not taken the time to research the deals. We were done to nothing so I finally just went. Ugha then I see the deals like this and I feel sick.