Sunday, November 11, 2007

Re-Create Your Face

This is an assignment from Wrapped Emotions:

We are going to get more comfortable with ourselves. We are going to get to know our own face, appreciate it, recognize it and love it.


Whoa, get back here! Don't run away from this prompt screaming "Nooooo!!!" I'm in it with you and my face has seen better years.Hold your camera at arm's length and shoot a photo of your face. Oh hush up, yes, get that close. Don't expect it to look good, unless you're twenty years old it will probably look horrible. But we're all here together.

This is the original picture I got.

Just face it, this is what everyone is looking at so breath deeply and take it.

Upload the photo to your computer and with whatever photo editing software you are using de-saturate it, convert it to black and white. Lighten the image if necessary, make sure the image isn't too dark.

Print a copy. Oh horrors! I know.Now take your pencil and trace over it...over and over and over. Every feature, every curve and line...trace over it. This is you.

After working with your printed image, talk about the emotions experienced while doing this.

Ok so this was fun. I knew I was going to use soft lines because I feel delicate. However when I did this I kept going over and over the same lines with my pencil so I could see them. I think the wrinkles I have show happiness. I was happy with what turned out. I think I look pretty. So why I had to go a step further I don't know. But I decided to try to trace the picture. Very difficult only using a lamp light and holding up the paper. So is this what I will look like in another 30 years? Maybe I should have left good alone, but curiousity got the best of me. I look old in this picture. I know one thing...when I'm much older my hair will not look like a 37 year old. It may be scary, but this was a fun exercise.

12 comments:

Jann Gray said...

Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to YOU happy Birthday -- dear Chelle....Happy Birthday to you!

I think this is a terrific excercise....I love it....am going to try it myself. The Bible tells us that God knows the number of hairs on our heads...I guess a few of my wrinkles don't scare Him too much -- I need to know myself better!

Hugs and hope you have a great day.

Sheila said...

I agree, I think the wrinkles we have are proof of happiness. I too went over the lines again and again. It made me more aware of their existence, I am after all, 37 years old, I should have some lines!

JenLive! said...

The third picture proves that beauty is more than line deep! We are multi-dimensional people, for sure!

Welcome to WE! I look forward to getting to know you more.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! I love the third picture...very artistic! You do look very happy.
By the way "what does very dry skin mean" the answer..lucky girl!

Wil's Wheels said...

Welcome to WE! First, you have perfect lips and gorgeous eyes.

I too found myself tracing the lines darker, over and over and actually liking whatever was there. Happiness creates happy memories...lines are just memories. Better happy lines than sad lines.

Great creations.

Anonymous said...

I thought about doing a tracing too! I really like all three pictures!

Bonnie said...

I love the third picture ! How cool that you took the "assignment" a step further ! It turned out great !

Phyllis Sommer said...

what a happy picture of yourself!

Donetta said...

It is like there are two sides of you an out going and a reserved. Great work.

Unknown said...

Welcome to WE. Your project turned out great. The smile lines seemed to be worn like a badge of honor by everyone this week.

Kim @ TheBitterBall

Mimi said...

Wow - yours turned out great! What a beautiful face you have!

My lines were "laugh lines" too! LOL!

Builds character and lets others know we've led a happy life!

Anonymous said...

I like you progressions. It's good to see in another 30 years or so you'll still be smiling.