Monday, November 17, 2008

Beautiful Fall!

I just love the Fall! It's beautiful and crisp. I saw this tree at church yesterday and I wanted to get pictures of my kids (without their coats on) playing in the leaves. I didn't get very good shots. I didn't quite know where to stand to get a good picture and they were cold and hungry so I took a few pictures and we hurried back inside.



















Yesterday was also Harvest day at church. It is a wonderful day when everyone brings a bag of groceries with a selected menu to church. These bags go to households who might not have food otherwise. We forgot our bag, so we went to Kroger and bought our food during 2nd service and came back for 3rd service. The kids helped pick the food and we prayed over the bag for the family who would get it.
I had the kids guess how many bags were given and were on stage. Ashley said 100, Mason said 1000 then changed it to a million. I can't remember what Aussie said, he didn't want to guess he just wanted to know. Oh I think he said 3000. So I asked the lady in charge of this mission how many bags we usually get. She said that they usually get 550-600 bags a year. But they needed 700. They are hoping that the money given yesterday will cover the cost to get the rest of the food.


{If you are interested in donating you can call and talk to Joan at 615-297-8551 or send a check to Woodmont Hills Church 3710 Franklin Rd Nashville, TN 37204.}
While the kids were on stage Aussie pretended to preach.
And then the others had to do it too.




1 comment:

doris sander said...

look at her w lilly and tiger lilly at church! that dress is adorable!!! :D